1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ignition coil wiring primary circuit

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by angellella0515, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Feb 13, 2022 at 10:48 AM
    angellella0515

angellella0515 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 tundra sr5
    i am getting code po357 primary/secondary circuit fault. I have gone ahead and did the old swap test on the secondary side of the ignition coil cylinder 7 and it still came up so that lead me to the primary side. I pulled out the old handy multi meter to start checking continuity and found that the third wire on my plug a green with black racer is open when i went over to check another coil i am getting a resistance of 420 ohms in the same wire on a different cylinder i was wandering if any one knew the wiring configuration of the plug cause you should have 2 hots on constant and one intermittent from the ecu and two grounds and if i could jump a wire from one ground on the 7 cylinder to a different coil or do i have to go thru the main wiring harness and find the break in the wire?

2. Feb 16, 2022 at 3:44 PM
    angellella0515

angellella0515 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 tundra sr5
    I wanted to give you guys my results it might be handy for someone else. idk maybe this question was too technical for every one. you guys probably cant read this schematic but the answer is right here. shoutout to my dude jimmy at O'Reillys he shared this with me. it was literally a 20 min fix that saved me at least a thousand if i had to go to the dealer. Good luck to you all

666741336001.jpg

thearborbarber likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top