1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

If a dog could talk

Discussion in 'Pets' started by TILLY, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Feb 18, 2021 at 8:02 PM
    TILLY

TILLY [OP] Gently Used Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM TRD Sport D/C
    Ran across this recently and thought I'd share because I know there are lots of Dog lovers here on this forum. Been through this more times than I care to admit, and it still hurts every time. I hope they really feel this way, it certainly eased the pain for me.

https://biggeekdad.com/2016/07/if-a-dog-could-talk/

2. Feb 18, 2021 at 8:04 PM
    Darkness

Darkness Allergic to white

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    All over SoCal
    Vehicle:
    The darkest
    It's really dark
    Thanks, I'm gonna watch it once I'm done with a surprise project in my garage.

Tundra2, Rica25 and TILLY[OP] like this.
  3. Feb 18, 2021 at 10:04 PM
    TILLY

TILLY [OP] Gently Used Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM TRD Sport D/C
    My best girl Cody. An absolute master of water, and a tennis ball. This is all I could think about watching this.

CODY.jpg

4. Feb 18, 2021 at 10:15 PM
    1lowlife

1lowlife Toxic prick and pavement princess..

Member:
    First Name:
    DADA
    THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DC SR5
    Best dog ever...
    Malloy boy, we all miss him...

malloyaudabon4_e5c062d98fbaebcaac279b2e9927a6135f0cc2aa.jpg
    cn1kwhbh_33a1cc89f379f63fdd4854b512b276b6027ccad0.jpg

5. Feb 18, 2021 at 10:17 PM
    Rica25

Rica25 Got Bam? IG ......@TNDRA08

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricardo
    Tulare
    Vehicle:
    2008 Super White Tundra/14 Cement FJ
    TRD sway bar...addictive audio sub woofer.....Volant intake.....Black Rhino Glamis wheels....Billstein adjustable shocks
    So that brings me back when 5 yrs ago I had to but my Blue nose female pit " Princess" down due to old age she got to live 15 yrs of a happy life. I had her before I got married then I had my son which he got to know her very well when he was 5 yrs old we had to put her down which was very heart breaking for all of us. But had to be done.

6. Feb 19, 2021 at 5:50 AM
    don3032

don3032 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    don
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra Limited Crewmax Nightshade
    debadged, diamondback, window tint, dirty deeds exhaust.
    FA60C48F-A073-466A-AF89-C94D31E893B9.jpg Lost our Mastiff 15yrs old a about 2 years around Nov, then our German sheppard also 15yrs around last Nov. Wife and I both swore would never get another one. WE have spent the past two nights watching nothing but dog videos on youtube and looking at shelters and breeders.
    Gave in after a while.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    TXBrit, TILLY[OP], mtntop and 3 others like this.
  7. Feb 19, 2021 at 7:36 AM
    mtntop

mtntop New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2004 4x4 Access Cab SR5
    Thank you Tilly, for some reason, the dust in my house is really irritating my eyes more than normal??
    The two dogs in my avatar got to see my daughter grow up and died within a couple of years of each other. Both were great bird dogs in their owner right.

Doc's last hunt, he died a few months later.

Doc.jpg

8. Aug 1, 2021 at 4:23 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    I stumbled across this post today. Working nights my ability to keep it all together is diminished, so ,no lie, this just messed me up.

My dog has saved my life more than once, been with me through the hardest parts of my life, brought me back from the brink, and is a pure joy and privilege to be around. She'll turn 11 on February 21st. Pugs are a 12-15 year breed, and I wish I'd been more wise about my limited time with her. I feel as though I wasted the last decade I've had with her. There should have been more pets, ear scratches, and belly rubs. I know that I'll be lucky and blessed if I she stays healthy and happy for another 4 years, and I am cherishing the time. She's gone deaf in the last 6 months, but doesn't care. She can't hear me tell her how much she means and what a good friend she is, so I make a conscious effort to show her how much she means with physical contact. It's a debt I'll never be able to repay and the thought of her continuing on her journey and leaving me behind... it's crushing.

TILLY[OP] and Uhhhh.... like this.
  9. Aug 1, 2021 at 5:04 AM
    Uhhhh....

Uhhhh.... New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Limited DC
    7” BDS, 37s
    I am not looking forward to that day. Got a yorkie, Coco, for my daughter when she was 12 back in 2012. Got the yorkie a yorkie in 2017, Dakota.

Honesty, I couldn’t stand either one of them for a while - a year or 2 each. They were just “carpet crappers” as far as I was concerned. The carpet problem resolved itself, and over the years the little buggers wormed their way into my life and heart. Seeing the joy they brought my daughter over the years…it was inevitable. I’m as close to them now as she is lol.

It still amazes me how smart they are. And how affectionate they are. And how they know when you’re down. I’ve seen them countless times “console” my daughter when she cried (ran up to her and lick her and get close to her). And they’ve done that to me as well. Talk about having your eyes opened.

When I’m laying on the couch, Dakota will often come up to me and just lay her head on my chest. She just wants to be close.

I never had dogs before these two. And never understood how people could get so upset when they passed. “It’s just a dog.” I get it now. And I hate thinking about that day.

gotta make sure I take them for a walk and play with them today…and more regularly

21E746BB-0055-469F-BF30-C1AE6552C22B.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  10. Aug 1, 2021 at 5:30 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    Nothing and no one will love you as unconditionally as a dog.

I have a niece who grew up being taught that a pet was a plaything for entertainment. No value assigned to them, and the fact that they took care made her dislike dogs. Totally her mother's fault, but at one point she was at my house. She had royally screwed up and was in major trouble. Right in the middle of the teenage hormones and stuff, so the world was ending as far as she could tell. Don't get me wrong, she had SEROUSLY messed up, but it was even bigger and worse in her mind. So, she had gone to a back room of the house, and laid down in the middle of the floor to just cry hard. She's known and been around Stella, my pug, since I've had her, and never wanted much to do with the dog. Didn't matter to Stella. Sensing how badly my niece was feeling, Stella quietly went to her and just sat by her. Crawled very carefully up to her, and snuggled. She showed love and compassion to someone who had treated her with indifference bordering on disgust, and it didn't matter.

My niece finally learned what a gift a dog's love is, and she actually talked about how Stella made her feel better. When everyone else was angry and appalled at her behavior, it was Stella who comforted her. She has been kinder to dogs ever since.

Uhhhh....[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Aug 1, 2021 at 10:27 AM
    Uhhhh....

Uhhhh.... New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Limited DC
    7” BDS, 37s
    Love it.

You’re right. It really is amazing how they love unconditionally. I’ve learned a lot from them.

12. Aug 1, 2021 at 10:45 AM
    Melikeymy beer

Melikeymy beer No cooler for you!

Member:
    Muscogee Nation
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platypus Tundra
    Sorry for your loss and very cool short film. I started this thread after our most recent loss.

https://www.tundras.com/threads/pet-memorials.62899/

TILLY[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  13. Aug 4, 2022 at 7:10 AM
    Innstas

Innstas New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Broderick
    Illinois Paris
    My dog has been already my best friend, but if he could actually talk, then I wouldn't need human interactions at all, most likely. Everywhere I go, my dog is following me everywhere. I am very glad that he is officially my emotional support animal, because it gives me the privilege to take him to places where usually animals have no access. My life is changing to a better version with my dog, I couldn't remember when I smiled before, but now you can see me happy every day.

TXBrit likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top