1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon Hydraulic Bump Stops

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Sitting Sideways, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Feb 4, 2021 at 6:12 PM
    Sitting Sideways

Sitting Sideways [OP] Probably stuck somewhere

Member:
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 White CM Tundra TRD Off Road
    Icon IR Coilovers, Icon Delta Joint tubular upper control arms, Icon PB CDC rear shocks, Icon Expansion Pack, Icon Hydraulic Bump Stops, Durobumps front bump stops, TRD dual exhaust black tips, TRD pro skid plate, TRD cold air intake system, TRD pro shift knob, TRD Pro Wheels, Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires, TRD radiator cap, ESP under seat storage, spray in bed liner, bed rail system, SDHQ abs guards, black tundra letter inserts, center console wireless charger, center console organizer/tray, charcoal filter removal, whistle screen removed, RCI Transmission/Transfer case skid plate, and ICON neoprene shock wraps
    :cool:Getting my Icon hydro bumps installed tomorrow. Can’t wait!! I have a shop I trust and don’t have the time to do the install myself.

Any experiences/tips from anyone who has them?

the before:

upload_2021-2-4_18-11-26.jpg

best picture I have on my phone, it’s dark outside

2. Mar 1, 2021 at 12:40 PM
    ChargedToyo

ChargedToyo New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Vehicle:
    2010 Grey
    How are you liking the icon bump stops? Worth the money?

3. Mar 1, 2021 at 1:20 PM
    Sitting Sideways

Member:
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Icon IR Coilovers, Icon Delta Joint tubular upper control arms, Icon PB CDC rear shocks, Icon Expansion Pack, Icon Hydraulic Bump Stops, Durobumps front bump stops, TRD dual exhaust black tips, TRD pro skid plate, TRD cold air intake system, TRD pro shift knob, TRD Pro Wheels, Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires, TRD radiator cap, ESP under seat storage, spray in bed liner, bed rail system, SDHQ abs guards, black tundra letter inserts, center console wireless charger, center console organizer/tray, charcoal filter removal, whistle screen removed, RCI Transmission/Transfer case skid plate, and ICON neoprene shock wraps
    I am loving them so far. I have only had a couple chances to really put them to the test and they work awesome. The speed sensitive damping is awesome because the rear suspension can still articulate without the bumpstop stopping movement. I would also recommend a set of Durobumps for the front, they helped a lot also.

[​IMG]

pvn.beluga likes this.
  4. Mar 1, 2021 at 1:44 PM
    ChargedToyo

ChargedToyo New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Vehicle:
    2010 Grey
    Awesome might have to put those on my wish list.

5. Mar 1, 2021 at 2:38 PM
    Sitting Sideways

Member:
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Make sure if you or whomever does the install does NOT use a air hammer to get the rivets out. Only drill them out, it takes longer but eliminates the issue of potentially tripping a sensor that is in the frame rail.

ChargedToyo[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Mar 1, 2021 at 5:04 PM
    Trabs00

Trabs00 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black Tundra CM
    7" BDS lift King 3.0 Performance series with RR and adjusters 37" Yoko Geo MT Front bumper Demello Offroad Rear Bumper Expedition 1 ATC canopy AMP power steps Alu-cab RTT Alu-cab shadow awning Alu-cab shower cube
    Curious what lift are you running with the Icon Bumps? I have a 6 inch lift and considering these, just not sure that they will work with this size lift or if I will also have to add bumps on top of the leafs as well.

7. Mar 2, 2021 at 9:09 AM
    Sitting Sideways

Member:
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    I am running a full Icon kit. I am only running the expansion pack in the rear so about 1.5" lift. I don't know if they would work on a 6" lift. My bet would be if you didn't have to do any modifications to your bump stops (like spacers under the bump stops) when putting you lift on you should be fine.

8. Mar 2, 2021 at 9:15 AM
    Trabs00

Trabs00 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black Tundra CM
    7" BDS lift King 3.0 Performance series with RR and adjusters 37" Yoko Geo MT Front bumper Demello Offroad Rear Bumper Expedition 1 ATC canopy AMP power steps Alu-cab RTT Alu-cab shadow awning Alu-cab shower cube
    Thanks for the feedback
    I am still skeptical... I didn't have any mods to the bumps with the original lift but it had airbags so they effectively worked as that.
    I'll probably just give it a try with the Icons plus Wheelers superbumps and adjust those with or without shims.

9. May 2, 2022 at 9:25 AM
    2017_Tundra_AZ

2017_Tundra_AZ New Member

Member:
    @Sitting Sideways Do you know what PSI you are running in your bump stops?

10. May 2, 2022 at 9:29 AM
    2017_Tundra_AZ

2017_Tundra_AZ New Member

Member:
    I would highly recommend bump stops especially if you tow at all. When you are towing and hit a bump they will help you not bottom out the truck. I've had mine since 2018 and definitely gotten my use out of them.

Products Discussed in

To Top