1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need help findingg an issue

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jperez9628, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Nov 5, 2016 at 12:28 AM
    Jperez9628

Jperez9628 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jaime
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Tundra SR5 4x4
    Pop n lock Tail bed lights Front lower grill Led Light Bar Auto open tail gate 12v cig lighter plug in the bed to charge stuff
    My rear window switch is no longer lighting up. What fuse is used for that button? Also at the same time my switch backs stopped working also

2. Nov 5, 2016 at 4:32 AM
    Crunch527

Crunch527 Brute Force and Ignorance

Member:
    Iowa
    TRD Supercharger/BAM
    I don't understand what you are saying. Do you mean your back window on your crewmax isn't going up? What are "switch backs?"

3. Nov 5, 2016 at 7:15 AM
    Jperez9628

Member:
    First Name:
    Jaime
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    Pop n lock Tail bed lights Front lower grill Led Light Bar Auto open tail gate 12v cig lighter plug in the bed to charge stuff
    So I wired up a led light bar in my 16 sr5 crew max and tapped into the switched wire that lights up the buttons( on my truck it happens to be a light green wire) on the driver left side (rear window switch, etc) and I'm pretty sure I blew the fuse to it. Now that button will not illuminate.s switchbacks are turn signals that will light up white but when used they turn amber, and after they go back to white light. After everything my lights stay amber at all times and my buttons will not light up anymore. I did you the ground next to the hood latch. What does that go to? I'm pretty sure whatever that goes too is what I blew the fuse too.

4. Nov 5, 2016 at 7:21 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Ok. Undo that wire if you haven't already. Tap it through a relay or something instead.

5. Nov 5, 2016 at 7:36 AM
    Jperez9628

Member:
    First Name:
    Jaime
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    The wire only lights up my button, I do have the bar with a relay directly to my battery. So the way I have it wired up is so the actual switch only carries ground.so if my memory serves right 86 and 87 are bridged and have 12vts, 30 leads to the power wire on the bar and 85 is the ground that leads into the cab. My switch has 4 wires, 2 for the relay and the other 2 I tapped into the the rear window button wire so my button could light up

Products Discussed in

To Top