1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to disable autoplay

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by AndyO, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Jan 30, 2019 at 1:20 PM
    AndyO

AndyO [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue CM 4x4
    Up front, I have the stock entune plus installed. Has anyone found a way to disable the autoplay feature when plugging in a iPhone? Its driving me nuts. it will automatically start playing music from my itunes library in alphabetical order of songs. So I keep hearing the beginning of the same song until I set up the music app I actually want to hear... for those curious the song happens to be "A" by the Barenaked ladies, which is (well was) a decent song (I cant stand to hear it now)

It also will start playing music in the background of a phone call. for instance, if I've been streaming something from YouTube, the entune system will switch to the call, but will not play the sound through the speakers of the car but push it to my phones speaker, and then on top of that will start playing music from my iTunes in the background but only from the phone's speaker. The only way to make that stop is to disconnect it from the system.

It will also start playing iTunes music if I pause or close any other music app. Spotify, Amazon music, youtube, etc.

I searched the forum and couldn't find any threads on this. I'm sure this is a iphone to entune integration problem and not so much a tundra problem, but figured you guys may have some thoughts.

thanks for any help.

2. Jan 30, 2019 at 1:38 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    That’s funny! Mine does the same thing, except it plays AC/DC Highway to Hell every time I plug it in. Haven’t noticed the other thing that you’re speaking of but I don’t use my stereo to make phone calls.

Ely010606 and NewImprovedRon like this.
  3. Jan 30, 2019 at 1:43 PM
    Fishman57

Fishman57 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Bucks County, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 1794 Barcelona Red Crewmax
    BakFlip MX4 Tonneau, 12 Volt Solutions Remote Starter More minor mods coming
    I have the stock HU. Mine only auto-connects my iPhone if that was the last thing I was listening to when I last shut the truck off. And when it does auto-connect my iPhone, it picks up where I last left off, whether it's a song, audio-book, etc.
    When I take a call though the HU, it shuts all other volume off.

15whtrd likes this.
  4. Jan 30, 2019 at 1:47 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    It happens when I hook up the USB plug

TXRailRoadBandit73 likes this.
  5. Jan 30, 2019 at 1:54 PM
    AndyO

AndyO [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue CM 4x4
    I'm reading some forums on other sites, threads from like 2013... still happening today. this is sad. doesn't seem like anyone has found a good way to make this stop besides not plugging it in.

6. Jan 30, 2019 at 1:57 PM
    Uhhhh....

Uhhhh.... New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Limited DC
    7” BDS, 37s
    This is the exact reason why I deleted all music from my iPhone - it was driving me crazy, too. I only stream music now in the truck - out of luck if I have a bad signal. Thank goodness I don't remember which song constantly started playing automatically, but, like you, I started getting sick of the song. There def should be a way to disable autoplay.

7. Jan 30, 2019 at 4:02 PM
    Fishman57

Fishman57 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Bucks County, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 1794 Barcelona Red Crewmax
    BakFlip MX4 Tonneau, 12 Volt Solutions Remote Starter More minor mods coming
    I would think that any device plugged into the USB port would auto play at the time of start up.
    When I commented earlier, I assumed we were discussing Bluetooth

15whtrd likes this.
  8. Jan 30, 2019 at 4:32 PM
    Pat

Pat Sorta-new Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    '16 MGM SR5 DC
    CAI, 5100's
    Sounds like you should get an Android phone instead.:boink:

Cock-A-Doddle-Do and dandailey like this.
  9. Jan 30, 2019 at 5:01 PM
    AndyO

AndyO [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue CM 4x4
    Sorry, yes this is the physical connection via the USB port. And I would almost accept that except that it decides to automatically play my itunes library in more instances then just when i connect. It starts if i pause any other music app. I dont even have to close the app, just pause it. Then it decides that obviously I intended to play the first song in my itunes. It should not do that. Its a stupid feature that should have a way to be disabled in my opinion. My challenger did not act this way ...but it had carplay

Hahaha! Im tempted. Im still rocking a iphone 6! Once apple drops support of it i may finally upgrade. And I’ll probably look at androids.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  10. Jan 30, 2019 at 6:14 PM
    TundraDude18

TundraDude18 Deus vult

Member:
    'Merica
    Vehicle:
    '21 Limited CM
    Silver Bullet Express
    I listen to podcasts, which automatically begin playing [through the podcast app] I use whenever I get into the truck. That's annoying too.

The living hell that Americans have to deal with ... :goingcrazy:

shhernandez74 and AndyO[OP] like this.
  11. Jan 30, 2019 at 6:51 PM
    AndyO

AndyO [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue CM 4x4

Hahaha! The struggle! Its real!

I still love the truck. Dont get me wrong

TundraDude18[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Jan 30, 2019 at 6:57 PM
    TundraDude18

TundraDude18 Deus vult

Member:
    'Merica
    Vehicle:
    '21 Limited CM
    Silver Bullet Express
    Yeah, I bought a truck, not a computer. But my '80's mind set may be showing here.

13. Jan 31, 2019 at 4:49 PM
    TundraDude18

TundraDude18 Deus vult

Member:
    'Merica
    Vehicle:
    '21 Limited CM
    Silver Bullet Express
    Yesterday, I eliminated this issue. If I recall correctly, I went into Apps, Setup, General, and turned off auto-play. My app doesn't auto-start anymore. I'm referring to bluetooth, not physically plugging something in ...

14. Mar 5, 2024 at 12:49 PM
    JerBer

JerBer New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Limited Crewmax
    None - Just purchased it (used)
    Ok...in android...go to Bluetooth like you are about to pair with something, tap that...look for toyota or tundra or whatever you named it, tap that.....see the setting gears to the right, tap that....then turn off audio. Now it's fixed.

15. Mar 5, 2024 at 1:18 PM
    JohnWhicker

JohnWhicker New Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Use a CarPlay device via bluetooth and disable autoplay from the iPhone settings. Why do you need USB anyway? If you need USB to charge the iPhone just use the other ports not connected to the Head Unit.

Products Discussed in

To Top