1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How long can I wait on a Pro?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by jordanpop1, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Aug 31, 2018 at 3:43 PM
    jordanpop1

jordanpop1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    alright folks, I’m looking for your buying expertise.

I’m ready to get a 2019 TRD pro around Christmas. Might be earlier, I am just waiting on some large jobs to close out and free up funds.

How late in the year did you get your TRD PRO? Do they typically sell out quickly? Or are they typically available through the selling year?

I could definitely make it happen earlier, but I don’t want to finance and pay cash. Reason for no finance is I run a small luxury company and I need to keep my credit free for large purchase. I know this is a vague question, so just to the best of your availability.

Thanks.

2. Aug 31, 2018 at 3:47 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Are you going to custom order or just buy off the lot?

Custom ordering would give you everything you want, when you want.

Paying cash is a beautiful thing.

I like your final truck decision. You will be so much more satisfied on a daily basis.

DaninBoston and jordanpop1[OP] like this.
  3. Aug 31, 2018 at 3:57 PM
    Vizsla

Vizsla ☠️☠️☠️

Member:
    There is no custom ordering, all you can do it look into what is being/scheduled to be built and match accordingly. Go to your dealer, look at their builds coming in during your time frame, and put a deposit on the one you like. It’s easy. They will refund at anytime if needed, or you change your mind. Finance a vehicle, your vehicle and cash can be gone in an instant. Let the money work for you, and the Tundra work for your business.

4. Aug 31, 2018 at 4:14 PM
    jordanpop1

Member:
    My dealer told me they would order one for me. I’ve purchased a bunch of Toyota’s from them, so not sure if that’s because they like me or just blowing smoke?

@Vizsla interest rates are up otherwise I would finance. My credit union gives me .9 but now rates are up to 2.89 I could finance it and pay it. Just not the preferred way. I’ve got about 10k going into this tundra off the lot in mods. It’s a toy not a necessity. Rather just dust my hands off of it.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  5. Aug 31, 2018 at 4:32 PM
    jordanpop1

Member:
    It’s the obvious choice. I can guarantee you I’d be ready to get rid of that raptor in a year tops.

ColoradoTJ[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Aug 31, 2018 at 4:36 PM
    fisherman951

fisherman951 MT dreams

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 crewmax 4x4
    Baller

7. Aug 31, 2018 at 4:39 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    smart advices here.

Vizsla[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Aug 31, 2018 at 4:42 PM
    Borgs

Borgs New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Limited Crew TRD Off-Road
    Pro Grill and Bulge TRD sway BAK MX4 Tonneau
    Buy and finance as soon as you can get one in the pipeline, then just pay off the note when your cash flow comes in. They may be more inclined to deal with you at MSRP if you finance with Toyota Financial, even if you only have the note for a few months - they don’t care. It shouldn’t impact credit much of you pay off the note within a few months. Sounds as if you can afford the modest finance fees if you go this way.

15whtrd and Coolhardy like this.
  9. Aug 31, 2018 at 4:50 PM
    jordanpop1

Member:
    I might just finance it and pay the note, I just don’t like doing that on principal.

Ideally I’d like to walk in, buy it cash and be done. Dealership of course always puts the pressure on. So basically around Christmas is my time frame for that.

What I want to know is how late people purchase their pros

10. Aug 31, 2018 at 5:00 PM
    Borgs

Borgs New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Limited Crew TRD Off-Road
    Pro Grill and Bulge TRD sway BAK MX4 Tonneau
    Market matters of course. I didn’t wind up getting a Pro, but I had opportunity to get one in February and October of 2016, then early 2017, it then I pulled trigger on my Limited ultimately (for other reasons). Point is, in PA anyway, you can get them whenever in a model year if you have the coin and put it down - only wild card is if things have changed since 2017.

11. Aug 31, 2018 at 5:27 PM
    drhntr

drhntr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement Pro DC
    GoRhino 2.0 MX4 295/70/18 TOYO AT3 TRD CAI Window Tint
    Is this a new policy? When I ordered my 17 pro I had it built with everything I wanted or didn’t want

12. Aug 31, 2018 at 5:38 PM
    Vizsla

Vizsla ☠️☠️☠️

Member:
    Nope, every tundra built is pre-determined. They just looked through what’s being built, matched you up and boom. Most accessories, bedliners, wheels, bed lights, etc. are installed after the truck is built. What were your options? I’ve bought the exact Tundra I wanted 5 times from 5 different dealers.

13. Aug 31, 2018 at 6:24 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADER,RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Waiting for more colors

Vizsla likes this.
  14. Aug 31, 2018 at 6:30 PM
    Vizsla

Vizsla ☠️☠️☠️

Member:
    I have money on a voodoo blue due to be built late September supposedly. Think they only built white ones.

15. Aug 31, 2018 at 6:47 PM
    jordanpop1

Member:
    There’s a black one in Dallas

16. Aug 31, 2018 at 7:28 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    As most people find out rather quickly.

17. Sep 4, 2018 at 7:55 PM
    TRDBill

TRDBill New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro
    Cool! September must be Voodoo Blue month at the plant in TX! My Voodoo Blue is being built on September 11, delivery date to ND near the end of the month!

18. Sep 4, 2018 at 8:29 PM
    lionix

lionix The Grey Moose!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cape May, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD Pro CM Cement
    BD Lights, Any Time Fog, Coachbuilder, Pelfreybilt, Bakflip, Custom Bed Rack w/ Tent
    5 months from order to arrival.

19. Sep 7, 2018 at 10:52 AM
    Rhubarb Johnson

Rhubarb Johnson New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhubarb
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Pro Dbl Cab; Barc Red
    New windshield wipers....just getting started
    I COMPLETELY understand your dilemma on financing, but a Pro isn't really like a typical Toyota purchase. Great relationship with my dealer, too. Multiple purchases and a high volume salesman. However, these trucks can be hard to find and are allocated.

I was on a list, #1, for months. Almost bought a Limited and he said, "I can have one ordered and here in 6-weeks, but a Pro is different."

My advice, have everything ready for the terrible financing option, hoping you don't find the right deal before you get savings. Start watching cars.com and other sites for the deal. Be ready to flip the switch when it happens. Bought mine 3-days after Christmas at a reopening dealer in New Jersey (not much off-roading need there) from someone who needed the sale for the month. But, I had everything ready to go before finding it. You'll see lots of goofballs (I include me in that list) who will race across the country to get their "dream truck." Personally, I used frequent flyer miles, which I almost never have.

And, you know what, it's TOTALLY worth it. Have been driving 35-years and by far my favorite vehicle. And I never saw a deal like that again.:bananadance:

jordanpop1[OP] likes this.
  20. Sep 7, 2018 at 1:48 PM
    jordanpop1

Member:

Thanks man! I’ve actually gone to the dark side with financing and am hunting a deal right now. Can’t really get anyone to budge down $2,000

Not typical for me, I usually get smoking deals on my new vehicles.

What did you get off yours if you don’t mind me asking?

21. Sep 7, 2018 at 2:03 PM
    drhntr

drhntr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement Pro DC
    GoRhino 2.0 MX4 295/70/18 TOYO AT3 TRD CAI Window Tint
    your going to have a hard time not paying atleast msrp. but good luck with your search

22. Sep 10, 2018 at 5:49 AM
    Rhubarb Johnson

Rhubarb Johnson New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhubarb
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Pro Dbl Cab; Barc Red
    New windshield wipers....just getting started
    I managed to get about $2,500 off...but paid about $200 for fuel, flight, and motel driving it home. I don't think the double cabs are quite as popular (sorry gang) and it was a Rhode Island dealership not really into off-roading vehicles. Most dealerships have figured out they can ask MSRP or more and eventually get it, but as usual, a salesman who needs 1 more sale at the end of the month may be more eager to bargain. Especially, in my case, after Christmas when sales have been low because of bad weather.

But, what I always remember, is in 10-years will it matter I paid a bit more to get a vehicle I've enjoyed for a VERY long time? Find a vehicle that makes your wallet (no Ferrari sadly) and your heart (Tundra) happy....and don't look back.

23. Sep 10, 2018 at 6:25 AM
    backinblack

backinblack New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    I should be taking delivery of mine later this week. I was able to get a $2,825 discount. I used the method I found on this forum: Create a separate email, contact a ton of dealership that are within your acceptable radius (I limited myself to a 1.5 hour drive radius or about 15 dealerships), negotiate it all online via email and go with the best deal. I've never done it that way before, but it was fairly painless and definitely saved me money as my closest dealership, and the one we bought my wife's 4Runner from, wasn't willing to do much on their price.

Products Discussed in

To Top