1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hot Dog.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Tierhog, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Mar 23, 2022 at 7:09 AM
    Tierhog

Tierhog [OP] SIG-AHOLIC

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax Limited 4WD
    Mostly stock/TRD accessories/Morimoto XBs
    We've had the Coney dog, the Chicago dog, the Corn dog, and the foot long.

We have Heelers, Shepherds, Labs, and terriers.

Since I'm moving from one hot state to another in April (California to Florida) I'm curious what everyones coping mechanism is for high temps. We walk in the evening and in houses we own, they swam.
    .but not everyone has a pool or wants Fido to jump in the lake (Gators!).
    For the high strung... Does your dog adapt or go crazy indoors? What about errands that take half the day, etc.

Your ideas will be tried.

For the record I have a calm heeler, but he won't be chill forever if I coop him up.

Nevada, Arizona, Florida, Mississippi, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, etc.. whatcha think?

Sumo91 likes this.
  2. Apr 18, 2022 at 7:14 PM
    Sumo91

Sumo91 Busy with projects

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM Tundra Platinum 4x4
    Bilstein 8112/8100 3.25in lift Dobinson leaf springs 2.1in lift Level8 MK6 wheels Big ole dent in bedside
    My heeler mix has adapted great. But I think I just got lucky. He's a southern dog, and we've been all over Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Texas, Arkansas, and Tennessee. He can hike 10 miles a day for weeks on end, or he can sleep in bed with me 12 hours, and then cuddle with me all day and be a complete couch potato.

If we go on a hike, it's always where there is water so he can cool off. Heelers are great in the heat, and mine does well, but he definitely loves the cold weather more with his thick coat since he's not pure bred.

Be cautious with hot asphalt and concrete. Place your hand flat on it and gauge the temperature. Same with sand at the beach or river, walk through the sand barefoot and see how hot it is.

Get a good flea and tick medicine, my dog is on Bravecto and it works great, one pill every 3 months. But check with your vet first, I'm just some dude on the interwebz.

Heart worms come from mosquitoes, which the south has an abundance of. Get a good heartworm prevention plan going. I get my dog a ProHeart shot once a year.

Get familiar with your local snakes and such, you wanna be able to keep an eye out for not only yourself, but your dog. If your dog gets bitten, it's good to know if it's venomous or not.

Anywho, here's Sumo20210713_150323.jpg 20210710_150300.jpg 20210710_151929.jpg

KNABORES likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top