1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hitch mount cargo carriers anyone?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by GT87, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Aug 19, 2020 at 6:41 AM
    GT87

GT87 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Western NY
    Vehicle:
    White 2021 SR5 O/R CM
    295/60r20 Toyo ATIII, 20x9 XD 820, 3/1 ReadyLift Carven Exhaust
    Hey Guys. Went on family camping trip this past week and while I love the backseat of my crewmax for my 3 kids it was tough fitting everything in the CM bed. That being said is anyone running a hitch mount cargo carrier? Seems like a common size is 24" x 60" which is what I'd go with. Looking for something I can put a large cooler and plastic bin for camping gear on. Any good brand recommendations? CURT, Reese, and Rola seem to be coming up a lot. Pics in use would be great. Thanks!

2. Aug 19, 2020 at 6:50 AM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    I have used them before, work great when needed. They are all pretty similar. Those you mentioned are fine and typically pretty budget friendly. I think you could be pleased with any of them.

If rust is an issue in your area there are some nice aluminum options out there, at a higher cost.

If I was to buy a new one, I may spend the little extra and get one that folds up for easier carrying when unloaded. They do stick out pretty far so you have to be careful when parking, backing up etc.

Hope that helps. I have had mine for probably 10+ years. Still strong and looks new since I keep in inside garage when not in use. They are a great tool then you need them.

Products Discussed in

To Top