1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey folks, I hope everyone is well.

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by RLHULK, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Nov 28, 2021 at 11:47 AM
    RLHULK

RLHULK [OP] Too many gamma rays in all that BBQ smoke.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Oklahoma, Toyota seat trim durability tester
    Vehicle:
    2022 Silverado LT.
    Still rolling stock baby....
    Its been awhile since I posted on the board since I traded in the tundra.

I wanted to stop by, say hello and give a 5 month update on what I like and do not like on the 2021 silverado I picked up in July.

Please note this is in no way a tundra bash thread.

First lets start with what I traded for,

2021 Silverado LTZ 4x4 crew cab.

What I had,

2019 Tundra SR5 upgrade 4x4 crew cab.

What I like about the Chevy,

Fuel milage, best on highway is 23, intown averaging 16. In the tundra 16 was pretty much it all around.

I like the leather seating, at first the truck felt a little cramped, but after 5 months it feels right, and I am a big guy.
    The shifter on the column, I like the extra room at the console not taken up by the shifter.
    Power up one touch windows both driver and passenger.
    The smoothness of the 5.3 on acceleration, the truck feels quicker off the line and the transmission is smooth, only notice the first 3 gears after that I do not notice anything.
    How quite the truck is, just about no wind or road noise.
    The LED lighting through out the truck is very good, headlights and fogs light up the night very well.
    Believe it or not I like the windshield wipers better, I know thats a odd one but to me they appear to make contact with the windshield better and clean better
    Remote start, oh heck yes. I can be in the store, few minutes before I clock out, hit the remote start and by the time I get to my truck its warmed up and ready to roll.
    Heated leather steering wheel, these colder mornings its very nice to have.
    Heated and cooled seating, enough said.
    Electric power steering is nice, took a awhile to get used to that but it responds quickly and has good feel back through the wheel.

Thats about it for the high points, now what I dont like

The capless fuel tank, ya not really a fan of that one can be messy and the fuel door does not close as firmly as the tundras did.
    Engine compartment layout, battery placement and windshield washer fluid tank, wth were they thinking.
    The auto start stop, tried it a few times, always turn it off. Not a fan
    Apple car play, dear god do not forget to turn on your wifi on your phone since it will alert your ass a dozen times, as well as constantly kick up a app update message on the trucks info screen. And how the heck does the truck know where I live and work, well it does and everytime I am home or at work the truck tells me how many minutes to my house and traffic conditions LOL
    Not really a fan of carplay but then again I reallly dont know much about it still.
    Front doors are smaller than the tundra that has taken a while to get used to.
    I think the chevy has larger blind spots than the tundra since I find myself double checking before changing lanes.

Thats about it for likes and dislikes. I do admit at times I find myself missing the tundra, it was a good truck.

If I had it to do over would I, ya I probably would. I am watching the tundra world to see what happens with the new one. But then again that 2022 Tahoe is sick and I really am wanting one LOL.

Dealerships, well toyota was good at first but then things kind of went down hill, and in all honesty I feel like they shafted me on a service visit a few times. Also when I got rid of the tundra I contacted them about refunding the gap insurance and they gave me the run around and said the only way they would was if I provided them a copy of the purchase agreement for the chevy, I pointed it the contract says all I needed to do was give notice I want a refund, I did that they refused. Toyota would not help since it turns out it was a after market policy.

Then the banter with staff texting me about me trading that was very un professional, made me glad to be rid of them.

If you hav eany questions, please ask, I will do my best to answer.

So far the chevy dealer has been good, had a issue with a parts guy but that was handled quicky and I do admit I was a grumpy ass that day due to other issues and all said and done we are good
    They got my windows tinted and steps on quickly. Nearing my first oil change at 5000 miles very soon.

CaptRussia253 and Black Wolf like this.
  2. Dec 22, 2023 at 3:15 AM
    KNABORES

KNABORES Sarcasm incoming

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited TRD AC 4X4 Thunder Grey 270k miles. 2019 Limited TRD CM 4x4 Cement Grey 75k miles
    2000: Bilstein 5100's 16x8 589's with 265/75/16 and 1.25" spacers Flowmaster 50 series over the axle dump Pioneer touchscreen with backup camera Full interior and dash LED conversion Trailer brake controller with 7 pin Bedliner coat bumpers & trim ARE topper 2019: ARE topper with full Bedrug kit and Vortex rack TRD shifter 1.25" wheel spacers (I like to live dangerously) Red tow hooks for that +15 grip bonus
    He stopped by 2 years ago. Old thread. He’s got lifter failure by now

3. Dec 22, 2023 at 3:19 AM
    hagrid

hagrid The most diverse of Diversity Hires!

Member:
    First Name:
    Spraynard
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    K1600GTL ZX-14R
    paynuss stretchers
    During sex have you ever yelled like a cowboy, "Yeeaw! Git up there, now! Yip! Yip! Come on, now! Gee up, up!!"?

@RLHULK

4. Dec 22, 2023 at 3:21 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    Lmao. You, sir, are a gift. Thank you for that laugh. :bowdown:

hagrid[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Dec 22, 2023 at 3:22 AM
    KNABORES

KNABORES Sarcasm incoming

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited TRD AC 4X4 Thunder Grey 270k miles. 2019 Limited TRD CM 4x4 Cement Grey 75k miles
    2000: Bilstein 5100's 16x8 589's with 265/75/16 and 1.25" spacers Flowmaster 50 series over the axle dump Pioneer touchscreen with backup camera Full interior and dash LED conversion Trailer brake controller with 7 pin Bedliner coat bumpers & trim ARE topper 2019: ARE topper with full Bedrug kit and Vortex rack TRD shifter 1.25" wheel spacers (I like to live dangerously) Red tow hooks for that +15 grip bonus

Attached Files:

6. Dec 22, 2023 at 3:34 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Kind of an old post. As in TWO YEARS AGO

7. Dec 22, 2023 at 4:07 AM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. Dec 22, 2023 at 4:16 AM
    Silver17

Silver17 Used, but returned and sold as new member

Member:
    Eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD 4x4 Harrop SC
    Eibach pro 2.0s, toytec progressive mini AAL, ARE CX cap, Airlift bags, Harrop Supercharger, 650cc injectors, 77.5mm pulley, TRD Dual exhaust, J&L catchcan, Powertrax LSD, RRW RR7-H, 305/70r17 Toyo AT3s
    As I recall, pretty sure OP must have sold that 21 Silverado, then bought a 22 tundra and annihilated the seat panel to the point of disappointment (see his avatar) and then bought another new Silverado. :rofl:

RLHULK[OP] and Cpl_Punishment like this.
  9. Dec 22, 2023 at 4:27 AM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    :boink:

RLHULK[OP] likes this.
  10. Dec 22, 2023 at 10:57 AM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    Guess you are trying to get to 50 posts with all of the recent silliness.

11. Dec 25, 2023 at 10:02 PM
    RLHULK

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle:
    2022 Silverado LT.
    Correct.

I sold the 21 silverado back when covid was hot and heavy, picked up a 4 runner off road, landed in a 22 tundra that I tried to like but could not. Theres another thread on it.

Currently 13 months in on a 22 silverado, no lifter issues on either chevy, both have the 5.3 the cylinder deactivation turned off, no chip. Highway mpg on both holds steady at 22mpg.

I will say GM nailed the layout of the 22 silverado, much prefer it over the new tundra,

12. Dec 25, 2023 at 10:03 PM
    RLHULK

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle:
    2022 Silverado LT.
    Hate to disappoint ya but no such event.

GODZILLA likes this.
To Top