1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with Code P2440

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Jon1979, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Mar 9, 2020 at 4:41 AM
    Jon1979

Jon1979 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 Gray Tundra SR5 4.6L V8
    Hi everyone
    I did a road trip up to Maine Saturday, about a 450 mile round trip. Everything was fine until I started the truck up this morning. It did sit all of Sunday and the temp has been going up and down above and below freezing here in NY. My check engine light was on and the truck was flashing 4LO and no traction control. This means if I am correct that it is in limp mode. I used my scanner when I got to work and it said code P2440 valve stuck open in bank 1.

I read the old post on the code and it being the air check valve. I can get each one for around $140 from rock auto. But I was wondering if I needed to replace the valve or I saw you can get a bypass kit and plates for the pump.

I have a 2011 4.7 V* with about 170,000 miles.

I would apricate everyone's input on the best way to correct the issues. I did erase the codes and I will see if that helped when I leave this afternoon.

Thanks.

2. Mar 9, 2020 at 6:15 AM
    JohnLakeman

JohnLakeman Burning Internet Daylight

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    I have not had this problem, but from what I've read, secondary air injection codes are never as simple, or as cheap, as plugging in a $140 check valve. Witness the cost of the bypass kits that are popular. This is a bump to the top...others with experience will see your question.

3. Mar 9, 2020 at 6:49 AM
    huntertn

huntertn New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2008 White CrewMax Limited 4x4
    If I ever have a problem with the valves or pumps I am doing the bypass kit.

HewittTech01 likes this.
  4. Oct 5, 2022 at 7:24 AM
    HewittTech01

HewittTech01 Dont Replace SAIS, Bypass It!

Member:
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Secondary Air Injection System Bypass Kit
    As I am sure your researched has proven, the Secondary Air Injection System is failure prone and common on Tundras. I wanted to provide some recent threads we posted to educate owners on this issues. Anyone has any questions do not hesitate to DM or contact us.

What Does the Secondary Air Injection System Do?
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/what-does-the-secondary-air-injection-system-do.113683/

What Do My Secondary Air Injection Error Codes Mean?
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/what-do-my-secondary-air-injection-error-codes-mean.113686/

How to Fix Secondary Air Injection System?
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/how-do-you-fix-the-secondary-air-injection-system.113688/

Products Discussed in

To Top