1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help, AC issues

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Larosa94x, May 4, 2019.

1. May 4, 2019 at 12:06 PM
    Larosa94x

Larosa94x [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicholas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra XP
    Hey guys,

Out of the blue, my tundra's floor pan flooded. I assumed it was a clogged AC coil drain line, but after further investigating, the tundras don't actually have drain lines..(?) just a rubber/plastic grommet in the floor pan right above the transmission...

well I began pulling the center console apart to get to it and i did find the tube that spans from what I'm assuming is the evaporator, through the floor to the rubber grommet. However, it is extremely far back into the center console, in by the wiring behind/under the Head unit.. It just seemed way more involved than I initially wanted to deal with, so I just took the truck down to Toyota figuring it'd be an easy fix for a Toyota specific mechanic. Well, I just got a call back, apparently a wood screw found its way into one of the AC ducts and into the evaporator drain system and is now blocking up this drain tubing/grommet/line. They want to charge me ~$1,700 to simply get to the drain line and remove the screw. nothing is broken, nothing needs to be replaced, nothing needs to be repaired, all they are doing is removing the screw....... I can't for the life of me justify that kind of bill.

I did search for this topic and didn't find anything, so i apologize in advance if this has been discussed but does anyone know what and where this line might be located, that could possibly be clogged and or have any tips or a guide to get to this line that is blocked up?

Thank all of you guys in advance!

Products Discussed in

To Top