1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

!HELP! 07 Tundra Genesis Dual battery kit won't fit.

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by thefreqofnature, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Feb 23, 2019 at 10:31 AM
    thefreqofnature

thefreqofnature [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thefreq
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone bought this kit for the 2nd gen and been able to install it as instructed?

I'm having a lot of fitment problems...it won't fit! LOL

I have the fuse box moved but the battery tray is rubbing against the headlight bucket adjustment screw on one side and against the fuse box on the other. There seems to be no more room.

Any help would be appreciated!

thalooch likes this.
  2. Feb 23, 2019 at 11:19 AM
    Berdine

Berdine Voodoo Sport

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    2020 VooDoo Blue Trd Sport
  3. Feb 23, 2019 at 11:22 AM
    Berdine

Berdine Voodoo Sport

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
  4. Feb 24, 2019 at 11:54 AM
    thefreqofnature

thefreqofnature [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thefreq
    Thank You very much..I've read these threads but neither touched on the 2nd gen tundra.

I have an 07 tundra and I'm looking for feedback from anyone that may have a 2nd gen tundra and installed one of these dual battery kits.
    I think the 3rd gen tundra is a little different and the problems I'm having are specific to the 2nd gen.

I've moved the fuse box back towards the firewall but I still can't find enough room for the battery tray to fit in the space available between the fuse box and the back of the headlight bucket.

Thank you all for your help!

5. Feb 24, 2019 at 12:18 PM
    Berdine

Berdine Voodoo Sport

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I was hoping you'd find something that would help

thefreqofnature[OP] likes this.
  6. Sep 4, 2021 at 7:42 PM
    thalooch

thalooch Mountain Man Overlander

Member:
    Wherever I'm parked
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Tundra Rock Warrior 5.7L 4WD
    Unfortunately im having the same issue. It appears i will need to modify the fuse box or maybe replace the fuse box entirely to make this system work.

7. Sep 4, 2021 at 9:33 PM
    TXTundra2722

TXTundra2722 Pipe Hitters Union

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black Tundra
    Yep... if only people would come back and post what they've done then it would help people out.

AZBoatHauler and thalooch like this.
  8. Sep 4, 2021 at 10:36 PM
    thalooch

Member:
    Wherever I'm parked
    Vehicle:
    If i can figure out a solution I will post it.

9. Sep 5, 2021 at 1:40 AM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    Did you give them a call? They advertise 07-21. Maybe they know some trick to make it fit.

thalooch likes this.
  10. Sep 12, 2021 at 3:09 PM
    NueveTundra

NueveTundra Mod list in Bio

Member:
    Planet Earth
    Vehicle:
    07, Black Tundra SR5 CrewMax
    Exterior: Toytec ultimate 3" lift level, Total Chaos Uniball UCA's, Total Chaos Cam Tab Gusset kit, AcanII smoked headlights, AcanII smoke Tail lights (2.5 gen style), DV8 front winch bumper , Badlands 12k winch with Apex Synthetic, White AUTMATCH Shackles 3/4" D Ring Shackle, Apex Winch shackle, Trail Ridge mirrors ,Icon Rebound Pro 17"x8.5" +25, Cooper Discovery STT Pro 285/70R17, PowerStop drilled n slotted rotors W/Carbon pads, Rigid flood flush mounts rear bumper , WeatherTec rain guards , OEM black side badges , Rigid Amber Radiance Pods. Energy Suspension Red Rack and Pinion Bushings, EAG front mesh Grille, RCI HighLift bed mounts. Rough Country DS2 Steps, A.R.E OverLand Canopy with Ascend basket, Stickers: ToyTec lifts windshield banner, Red Strange Music window sticker(back cab), White Strange Music sticker(back canopy), White Rigid sticker x2 (canopy sides), white Official BigFoot Research Team (Back Canopy) Interior: Alpine double din touch iLX-650 , JL C5-653's (front) JL C1-650x (rear) , JL JX400 4 channel amp , JL JX500 mono amp , 2 JL 12" subs , WeatherTec floor mats, Kenwood F/R Dash Cams, Black steering wheel emblem overlay, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, ToyTec "Fresh" Scent coilover air freshener, Under the Hood: Koyo all aluminum radiator, Mishimoto red silicon hoses , XS Power 3000 amp battery , LAlectric 300 amp Alternator , K&N replacement filter. Online LED store accessories Fuse/relay box. (Identified) Dirty Deeds 8" Cat back exhaust with DD resonator delete/axel over converted into dump. Coming soon:
  11. Sep 12, 2021 at 3:32 PM
    thalooch

Member:
    Wherever I'm parked
    Vehicle:
    Yes of course I called and emailed.
    They needed to research it and got back to me.

Basically they said my gen Tundra comes with 3 different versions of headlights. The other two fit fine or need minor trimming, mine don't.

I have on order an oem replacement headlight housing which is costing me around $150. They SEEM like they will work from the pics. We'll see when they arrive.....

The support from Genesis is very underwhelming to say the least. They didn't even apologize about the issue. It was clear that this was news to them and something they didn't research prior to my issue. That I don't mind, but they didn't even provide options for me with regards to going out and buying something to make their kit work.

So much for "premium" support.

12. Oct 5, 2021 at 5:12 PM
    thalooch

Member:
    Wherever I'm parked
    Vehicle:
    Update:
    After trying an OEM replacement housing from carparts.com and some nice Morimoto's, I opted to grind down my current headlight housing. The Morimotos wont work at all. These were the XBs.

The OEM replacement was the same as what I had. I had to try, since the Genesis guys told me my gen Tundra came with 3 different OEM headlight housings.

I had a buddy with a grinder just grind down the back of my current headlight housing in just one spot. I can send a photo at another time, but its the vertical alignment which I have never aligned and don't need to. This was enough to get it to fit. I also shaved down some parts of the fuse box as well. Its a tight squeeze but it fits and so far so good!

AZBoatHauler likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top