1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headunit with navigation and bluetooth suggestions

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mpford2, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Jun 23, 2021 at 7:22 AM
    Mpford2

Mpford2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    None
    I have an 07 SR5 tundra and looking to upgrade the stereo system. I have a mirrored backup camera, but l'm looking for a unit for navigation and a blue tooth phone system. I also would like to have one that has a cd (I'm old school), but that's on the table. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jun 23, 2021 at 7:37 AM
    Trooper2

Trooper2 Premium Lone Star Member / SSEM #13

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Houston, TX (Suburban South)
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 5.7 L Double Cab TRD 2WD
    TSS 20's with Cooper ATP ll's, N Fab 3 Step Nerf Bars,, Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX, Masters Tailgate Replacement Latch with Camera, 1" Maxtrac Shackles, LED Interiors/Brake/Reverse/Cargo/Fog Bulbs, Fumoto Drain Valve, Toyota Aluminium Oil Filter Housing, TRD Shift Knob, Courtesy Door Projector LEDs with Toyota Emblem, Console Tray and Lower Divider.
    I installed a Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX in my 07 that works great. There are several options out there. Probably can't go wrong with brands like Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, or Sony. Crutchfield.com is a great resource for browsing and technical help as well.

Good Luck!

3. Jun 23, 2021 at 9:26 AM
    Mpford2

Mpford2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    None
    Thanks Trooper2. Great advice, cause I got money time than money.

4. Jun 23, 2021 at 12:17 PM
    jbrnigan

jbrnigan New Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    2007, 5.7L, 4x4, Crewmax,
    Not a suggestion, but; I recently replaced my factory stereo / CD changer with an inexpensive Chinese stereo from Amazon. Reviews were mixed, but mostly positive. I used a Metra wire harness connector and double din install kit. I struggled with the lack of a CD player, but finally decided that, because I could put almost 2000 songs (MP 3's) on digital media, I would default to a micro SD card or USB thumb drive (I went with a 16gb micro SD). My fairly infrequent use of GPS caused me to reconsider my need for built-in GPS. My stereo featured phone link / phone mirroring, that lets me use Google maps in lieu of GPS. The phone link software was a little tricky to download, but after getting it on my phone, it works just fine. Since my Tundra did not have a backup camera, I purchased a license frame mounted camera in lieu of the camera that came with the stereo, and it was an easy install and works just fine. Radio install was straight forward. A number you tube videos show how to remove the factory radio. It's not a Sony, Pioneer or Alpine and I'm no audiophile, and it sounds just fine to me.....digital music, blue tooth (hands free phone) google maps, back up camera (and other stuff). I can't comment on radio reception as I only listen to digital music in the Tundra, It does receive AM & FM, but I have no radio antenna. (also, total pkg - 130.00)
    I did shop Crutchfield and almost every "affordable" name brand stereo was on order or out of stock.....chip shortage??

Stereo a.jpg Stereo.jpg

5. Jun 23, 2021 at 3:14 PM
    Mpford2

Mpford2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    None
    Thanks Trooper2. Great advice, cause I got money time than money.

6. Jun 23, 2021 at 4:05 PM
    Mpford2

Mpford2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    None
    Thanks jbrnigan, because of the lack of chips for the units, pickings looks kind of slim

7. Jun 23, 2021 at 7:48 PM
    Trooper2

Trooper2 Premium Lone Star Member / SSEM #13

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Houston, TX (Suburban South)
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 5.7 L Double Cab TRD 2WD
    TSS 20's with Cooper ATP ll's, N Fab 3 Step Nerf Bars,, Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX, Masters Tailgate Replacement Latch with Camera, 1" Maxtrac Shackles, LED Interiors/Brake/Reverse/Cargo/Fog Bulbs, Fumoto Drain Valve, Toyota Aluminium Oil Filter Housing, TRD Shift Knob, Courtesy Door Projector LEDs with Toyota Emblem, Console Tray and Lower Divider.
    Amazon & Ebay may have some availability. Also check with your local Install shops and places like Best Buy to see what they may have on hand.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Jun 23, 2021 at 8:41 PM
    Mpford2

Mpford2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    None
    Thanks again Trooper2. I tried a couple if install shops today and both told me they didn't have any systems and to try Best Buy. I'll be heading there tomorrow. They both said it will be at least a month before they have any kind of inventory.

9. Jun 23, 2021 at 8:58 PM
    Gravy

Gravy Cat herder, ASCM #π

Member:
    Yucaipa, California
    Vehicle:
    2008 White DC 4x4, Limited TRD
    OME Nitrocharger/2612 (front), Bilstein 5100s (rear). Vanguard roll bar modified (by me) to fit over Patriot Stealth retractable tonneau. Aftermarket halo headlights with HID, various LED bulb replacements. 17" Fuel Blitz wheels with some 33" Nitto terra grapplers. Hoodscoop, nfab nerfbars, Bushwacker flares. No-name aftermarket grille, led fender extensions. Black Horse bambi-basher. Various offroad lights.
  10. Jun 23, 2021 at 8:59 PM
    APalmTree

APalmTree 4x4 SKEPTIC

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    SW Washington
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad White Crewmax 5.7L
    1 or 2... I lost count
    I've posted this in a couple of different threads. I looked back through Amazon and like others and you have mentioned it looks like inventory is slim all around but I found a couple listings that look the same as what I bought but from different sellers. This one looks like it is in stock https://www.amazon.com/hizpo-Naviga...afafff8b83a&pd_rd_wg=RX6ZZ&pd_rd_i=B07CJQGRJR.

Like others have said as well, there are a ton of options out there and the name brand units are going to have features and support that I don't have with mine. Good Luck :thumbsup:

11. Jun 24, 2021 at 1:36 AM
    BoysandHisToys

BoysandHisToys New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crewmax Limited
    12” Bulletproof Lift, AFE CAI, AFE Exhaust, rock lights, Fas-Top tonneau and soft topper, Dasaita 10.2” radio, light bar, ditch lights, LED headlights and fog lights, LED interior lights, Amp Research rear bumper step, dashcam, BT ODBII reader and Torque app on radio
    I was looking and waiting for stock of radios to come back as well. Crutchfield is in my town which is nice. I was originally looking at the Pioneer DMH-1500NEX as I haven’t used CD’s in forever. I wanted Apple CarPlay play and I’ve had similar Pioneer models in my other two cars.

However, with the lack of inventory I went with the Dasaita 10.2” Android unit. Looks like it’s had pretty good reviews and has a lot of expansion capabilities.

12. Jun 24, 2021 at 6:36 AM
    Mpford2

Mpford2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    None
    Thanks again Trooper2. I tried a couple if install shops today and both told me they didn't have any systems and to try Best Buy. I'll be heading there tomorrow. They both said it will be at least a month before they have any kind of inventory.

13. Jun 24, 2021 at 6:54 AM
    Mpford2

Mpford2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    None
    Thank you guys for your help. I'm trying to be patience and listen to everyone's suggestion and advice before I purchase anything and not be satisfied will it. I'm definitely listening to any and all post.Money is no problem, not being satisfied is.

14. Jun 28, 2021 at 6:41 PM
    BoysandHisToys

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    12” Bulletproof Lift, AFE CAI, AFE Exhaust, rock lights, Fas-Top tonneau and soft topper, Dasaita 10.2” radio, light bar, ditch lights, LED headlights and fog lights, LED interior lights, Amp Research rear bumper step, dashcam, BT ODBII reader and Torque app on radio
    Well I got my Dasaita in today. Ordered the CANbus harness that seller said I needed with JBL and Nav factory radio. Unfortunately none of the connectors in the harness fit my OEM harness. So waiting her back from seller.

15. Jun 28, 2021 at 7:33 PM
    Mpford2

Mpford2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    None
    I looked that that particular unit. Keep me posted on its performance

16. Jun 29, 2021 at 2:27 AM
    BoysandHisToys

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    So apparently I actually ordered the CB004 instead of the CB005. I thought I was ordering the correct one based on the link in the description of the head unit and the description of the harness saying 2012 - 2020 or so. But the one I needed was CB005 and has a description of 2007 - 2011.
    Hopefully they can get that harness to me quickly.

17. Jun 29, 2021 at 5:42 AM
    Mpford2

Mpford2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    None
    Most companies will to avoid a bad review.

18. Jun 29, 2021 at 5:47 AM
    Shanet421

Shanet421 (Semi) New Member

Member:
    San Diego,CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 CM 5.7L 4x4 SR5 Super White

Let me know which it turns out to be I’ve been wanting this HU as well

19. Jun 29, 2021 at 5:50 AM
    BoysandHisToys

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    I had given my truck make, model, year, trim, and JBL with NAV, backup cam, etc….. and they confirmed the harness I ordered was correct. But it wasn’t.
    They’re sending me a new harness that should work and I’ll let everyone know.
    Coming from China and they are 12 hrs ahead so we’ll see how long it takes to get to me. I asked them to expedite.
    They’re response has been ok so far considering the time difference.

20. Jun 29, 2021 at 7:23 PM
    Mpford2

Mpford2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    None
    Good deal! I'll be waiting to see your review

21. Jul 4, 2021 at 9:01 PM
    shdwkeeper

shdwkeeper New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Magnetic Gray Tundra 4x4 Limited CM
    Diamondback Bed Cover (Line-X) Bed Rug Mirror Caps (Paint Matched) Door Handles (Paint Matched) 2020 Sequoia TRD Grill Conversion Morimoto XB Fog Lights Alpharex Pro Jet Black Headlights HIKARI 2021 Acme-X H7 LED Bulbs 6112 (top setting) / 5160 Combo @Coachbuilder1 Differential Drop Kit 1.00" @Coachbuilder1 Coilover shims (2 drive-side 1 passenger side) @Coachbuilder1 Front Bump-stop extensions @Coachbuilder1 Front Bumper Shims @Coachbuilder1 +3 Shackles Fuel Vector 18" +20 Wheels 35x12.50x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers RCI Off-road Engine Skid plate Desert Eagle Off-road transmission/catalytic converter protection plate Interior: VLEDs 5K cabin interior + LED strip footwell Coupe Custom Battery Mount WeatherTech Floor Mats
  22. Jul 4, 2021 at 9:12 PM
    Mpford2

Mpford2 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marvin
    Vehicle:
    2007 tundra
    None
    I'm with you shdwkeeper, I like the big screen as well.

23. Dec 28, 2021 at 6:35 PM
    BoysandHisToys

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    So I hadn’t realized I never posted an update here.

I’ve had my Dasaita for several months now and I’m really liking it. There are a few issues, like when I remote start my truck I sometimes have a hard time getting the wireless CarPlay to connect when I get in. And I still haven’t been able to hotspot my phone for internet connection. But I think that may be a security setting with my iPhone.

but some things I really like. I got a BT ODBII reader and the torque app as well as a front camera on my bumper. I also just installed a USB dash cam which came with its own DVR app. I’m just now starting to play with some car launchers to see if I like those screens better.

I’d like to try the Phoenix Automotive Tesla screen at some point too.

Products Discussed in

To Top