1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight upgrade 2014-17

Discussion in 'Canada' started by FortyNorth, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Apr 25, 2021 at 1:16 PM
    FortyNorth

FortyNorth [OP] New Member

Member:
    Northern ON
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Super White SR5
    Hi Folks,

Does anyone know of a relatively inexpensive headlight upgrade for a 2014 SR5? Not trying to look like the fast n furious or get into some crazy electrical project, just brighter/whiter, maybe LED or something else, you tell me. Basically best bang for your buck over stock halogen is what I am after, oh and available in Cda hence posting here;)

2. Apr 25, 2021 at 1:33 PM
    belanger9

belanger9 New Member

Member:
    Edmonton, AB
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road Inferno
    A bunch
    You're going to be compromising unless you go all new LED housings, but that's pricey ($1500). If you put different bulbs in your current housings you will scatter a lot of the light, so it will help a little for you but blind others that much more.

I just went with all new housings (very simple to do) so hopefully others can fill you in on what the best compromise is (LED's, HID, other halogen bulbs) with keeping your current housings, or if other bulbs are even worth it.

3. May 1, 2021 at 6:48 PM
    AtomicToyo

AtomicToyo New Member

Member:
    The halogens are pretty limited. The led bulb upgrade seems hit and miss as some scatter and some get so hot they melt the housing.

I swapped out my 21 halogens for OE led. They’re TYC brand. Got them off rock auto, got the harness from user iHacker..total cost $740cad and an hour to do. Very bright. Worth the money.

Products Discussed in

To Top