1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

head unit randomly resets

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Garvin74, May 11, 2023.

1. May 11, 2023 at 5:59 PM
    Garvin74

Garvin74 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra CM SR5
    Good Evening,
    I have a 2017 Tundra with maestro and a JVC KW-Z1000. Installed myself and everything has worked perfectly since day one. My dad says he wants one so he orders everything he needs for his 2013 Tundra. Only difference was he had Crutchfield send a pre-wired harness. He and I installed it together and the only thing that did not work was the TPMS, I thought this would be an issue since I've read about it happening in the 2007-2013 models. This issue was fixed with the resistor.

Now on to the issue. My dads unit will randomly reset. He hears a click the screen goes black and then turns back on and then wont happen again for 3 to 4 days. We pulled the unit several times checked each individual wire including the grounds. All wires are good. Reset the maestro, same issue, received a new maestro from crutchfield, same issue. I asked if it did it over bumps or if anything significant happens when it resets. He said no its random. Im at a loss. We confirmed that all data was correct when entered into the maestro as it has been reflashed several times.

Today, he ran into another issue. He says he tried to use his remote start but it would only crank. The remote start would do two cranking cycles per remote signal. He said he has not tried the remote start since the radio was installed and since that was the only thing done to the truck he pulled the OBD II connector from the port and the truck fired right up with the remote start. He said he did this several times and it seems that something with the OBD II connector from the radio has something to do with this issue.

Anyone have any similar experience with any vehicle or this radio? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Sean.

Products Discussed in

To Top