1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Have to make the wrong wiring harness work. Help!

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by wadeofdeath, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Sep 24, 2022 at 12:47 PM
    wadeofdeath

wadeofdeath [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 CrewMax 4x4
    Does a topper count?
    So I had to replace the entire frame harness on my 09 CrewMax and I didn't realize until way too late that the harnesses are slightly different. First off the white/black ground wire on the new harness was relocated to a different connector in the under hood box, second the new harness did not have a wire for the fuel tank solenoid. I reused the old connector to get the power wire working and I did dissect the old harness and managed to get the fuel solenoid wire free and into the new connector but she still just turns over and I am thinking it's not getting gas but can't fully confirm that.
    What sort of voltage should I be getting at the solenoid?
    The part number I needed was 82164-0c180 and according to Toyota the new part is 82164-0c890 but it seems like it's for a non flex fuel truck as some non flex vehicles I've seen online have 2 hoses into the tank and no solenoid vs my tank having 4 hoses and the addition of the solenoid. At this point I'm wondering if anyone has the knowledge to confirm if the harnesses may be different elsewhere, if the relocated ground wire could be my issue or if I may have some other sort of fuel flow issue as a result of dropping the tank for the harness install. I tried pulling the fuel hose under hood and don't have fuel flowing but randomly it seems to actually try to start when that line is off, but still dies immediately. I'm super frustrated at this point and can only find one other correct harness at all and it's $400 on ebay so if I can get this working I feel like it's my best and easiest bet at this point. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top