1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Has anyone traded in a new truck within a year or two and been ok with the trade in value?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by htw_hawaii, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Nov 1, 2017 at 6:59 PM
    htw_hawaii

htw_hawaii [OP] Tundra N00b

Member:
    First Name:
    Victor
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement CM 4x4 TRD
    My location is tough for available options, unless I wanted a Tacoma (648 new ones of those vs 12 new tundras, from the only Toyota dealership with new trucks).

I have a lease ending at the end of the month (need a car, so can't go long without and waiting). I have a deposit in for a new cement TRD that's coming by the end of the month (already built).

My dream one is the Platinum with sunroof. But I'd have to special order that and wait 4 months.

I was thinking that I could take my time on ordering a new one (possibly 2019) and have the cement as a future trade in, understanding that I'll lose some in value, obviously.

Lol, thinking about it now, if anyone seen my post history, they'll see I've been mulling over the same thing and asking in different ways. Guess I'm trying to figure it out still.

I checked some random Texas dealership and they had hundreds of available tundra options. Yea we don't got that here in Hawaii.

Someone did point me to possibly buying out of state and shipping. But I've been reading about some shady shit where the dealership here has a mafia style rule and could possibly run into warranty not being honored, etc.

Thanks for reading my rant :)

2. Nov 2, 2017 at 2:49 AM
    Adam

Adam New Member

Member:
    Your warranty is through Toyota, not the dealer. If they don't honor it, flame them in reviews and open up tickets with Toyota corporate. You will most likely get hosed with the trade in of a 2 year old truck, but if you are wanting the Platinum, why not just go talk to the dealer and see if you can order that? Yeah, it will be four months. They may let you drive your current vehicle until it is time to trade it in.

3. Nov 2, 2017 at 7:46 AM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    You can extend most leases at your current payments without any penalties. Usually a few months. Just do that and order your platinum.

Mrfols and TheBeast like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top