1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Handlebars for my Rockhopper

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Yoda1, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Jul 9, 2020 at 4:15 AM
    Yoda1

Yoda1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Tundra Crewmax
    I'm thinking about changing the handlebars on my Specialized Rockhopper. My low back has been hurting and currently going through PT. I'm hoping to gain some height to put me in a little more of an upright position. I ride mostly on asphalt currently. My boss has some of the same issues and is getting a Jones bar. After looking around a little I am drawn to a Surly bar. Anyone have any experience or recommendations on what I should look for?

2. Jul 9, 2020 at 7:17 AM
    Ericbike6

Ericbike6 So we're doing this shit today?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD 4X4 sport
    Air bags, ARK liners, misc bullshit added also
    Sounds to me like you need a proper bike fitment. Makes a huge difference, well worth the money instead of just trying things and seeing if that works.

Contact your local bike shop, and set up an appointment, it'll be some of the best money you ever spend.

My girlfriend was having some back and hand issues on her new Fuse. I had set the saddle height and distance. Went and had her fitted, we replaced the stem, bar, and grips and now she rides much more comfortably. As for me, we did a pretty serious fitment on my first Epic, then when I got my new one we just used the same spec parts, and I am fine, with over 10k miles on my current Epic.

Yoda1[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top