1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Had remote start installed, now navigation doesn't work

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by TRDblvd, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Feb 8, 2020 at 11:32 AM
    TRDblvd

TRDblvd [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tundra TRD 4X4 Sport
    2012 Tundra base model. I had a local big box store install a remote start. On the way home, the screen started going in and out. I took it back, they did something, and now it stays on, but the nav doesn't work. It just keeps cycling between a loading screen and a Rosen screen. It just keeps doing this. Any thoughts? The shop doesn't know what to do and keeps giving me the runaround. Any help appreciated.

2. Feb 8, 2020 at 11:57 AM
    purplenova

purplenova Not a new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax SR5
    Pillar Tape, Bullet Liner, 20% Tint, Tyger Star Armor Kenwood amp & AudioControl LC7i Tech12volts JL Tweeters
    If it is the big box store with the initials Best Buy, lol. Go back and make them uninstall it and see if it is still an issue. If you didn't purchase their warranty, you only have 12 or 13 day defective replacement else it falls on manufacturer.

Sounds weird i know. I had and issue with my compustar and it took some time to get it resolved but firstech(compustar) took care of me.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  3. Feb 8, 2020 at 12:26 PM
    TRDblvd

TRDblvd [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I didn't realize until doing research for this that the head unit is after market. Right? It's Rosen brand and doesn't look like anything I can find in my research.

4. Feb 8, 2020 at 12:52 PM
    purplenova

purplenova Not a new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax SR5
    Pillar Tape, Bullet Liner, 20% Tint, Tyger Star Armor Kenwood amp & AudioControl LC7i Tech12volts JL Tweeters
    Guess it's possible something came loose on the head unit during the install. Think that would be easy to check though.

5. Feb 8, 2020 at 2:46 PM
    TRDblvd

TRDblvd [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I'm still waiting to hear back from the manager. I tried opening it up to see if I could find something loose. But it's cold today and the panels just seem so difficult to remove. And I can't find a video of one with the cup holder. I feel like I'm missing something and I really don't want to break anything. Plus, I really want to make them fix it.

Products Discussed in

To Top