1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Griots Speed Shine on a boat

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by 9am53, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Jul 30, 2020 at 5:55 AM
    9am53

9am53 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black RCLB 4x4
    2020 PRO headlights and grill
    We have been having a bit of a dry summer and I'm starting to worry about my well, so my washing regime has changed. I've been going to the town carwash and doing a touchless wash there, and then doing waterless washes at home. I have gone through my TW Black detailer and have been using a lot of the Speed SHine I got a while ago. THis stuff is alot better than the TW, and I happened to try it out on my boat yesterday too. It works quite well (as I expected) on my old gelcoat and got rid of the majority of the dirt and crap in a quick wipe down. I think if you keep your boats looking decent and just want a quick "detail" it is perfect (basically just what we use this for with our trucks) The rags were gross when I was done so it pulled off a lot of crap.

2. Jul 30, 2020 at 4:27 PM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    Never thought of using it on a boat....just wouldn't think it had enough bite. Will pass this on to my boating friends

3. Jul 31, 2020 at 5:14 AM
    9am53

9am53 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black RCLB 4x4
    2020 PRO headlights and grill
    A thorough wash followed by pressure washing and blowing out the crap in the nooks and crannies of the gelcoat is better...but for a small boat like mine this took all of 5 or 10 minutes and it got me 80% as good a clean. I was parked under a crab apple tree for 3 weeks while I redid upholstery and electrical and rotten shelving to stay out of the sun, so the boat was covered in purple apple stains, bird crap and insect crap and dust and dirt from my dirt road. It was properly dirty to the point where I was ashamed of it. I sprayed the griots on enough to saturate the stains and messes and it all came off easily onto my towel. I think in the future I will give my powerboat a good thorough cleaning in the spring and then just use detailer the rest of the year. To clean my sailboat or bigger boats with a lot of gelcoat would take several bottles and would end up being more work...but it does clean gelcoat pretty darned well.

Products Discussed in

To Top