1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuel assault offset

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by malice237, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Oct 4, 2019 at 11:04 AM
    malice237

malice237 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I was wondering if anyone knew the answers to this but iv been looking at getting the fuel assault wheels only problem I’m going to need to get a offset not sure just yet on the dimensions but do any of the fuel assault have the lip that other wheels do. I’m trying to avoid that I want the wheels flush with the tire and when I look online they all look pretty much like what I’m looking for just not sure if that’s the way those wheels are made for any dimension. Sorry for my description I’m new to this

2. Oct 4, 2019 at 11:33 AM
    Fotnot

Fotnot SSEM #69; LRCS#1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    SW Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2021 Sequoia TRD PRO Lunar Rock
    Swimmers gonna swim
    So last I was aware, the assaults don't come with really a "lip". The offset can vary depending on what you're looking for. Stock offset is +60 (some are +50 for wheels like TSS wheels/Rock Warrior Wheels). Why are you "needing" an offset? And what do you mean of the tires flush with the wheels? Tires are going to be as wide as you pick them. Same goes with wheels. wheels can be 20x9, 20x10, etc. Wheels offset can vary quite a bit, but it also depends on the wheel you pick. Please let us know what suspension mods you have done, as well as what you're looking to do in terms of suspension, wheels, and tires.

3. Oct 4, 2019 at 11:41 AM
    malice237

Member:
    So I was going to do a 6 inch lift and from what I was told at the shop they said I would need a offset. If that’s incorrect please let me know my Tundras a 2018 4wd sr5 if that matters

4. Oct 4, 2019 at 11:48 AM
    Fotnot

Fotnot SSEM #69; LRCS#1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    SW Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Swimmers gonna swim
    tire size? with 6", I'm assuming 35/12.5R** tires?

5. Oct 4, 2019 at 11:49 AM
    malice237

Member:
    Yes correct

6. Oct 4, 2019 at 12:02 PM
    Fotnot

Fotnot SSEM #69; LRCS#1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    SW Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Swimmers gonna swim
    So doing a very quick search, the assaults come in a range from around -43mm to +20mm. Stock is generally +60, so at a minimum you'd be set at 40mm less than stock, which is roughly 1 1/2 inches difference.....setting your wheel and tire out from fender well (assuming keeping around the same wheel size of 20x9) width plays a factor as well, and lots of people overlook that. So if you order the "least amount" of offset, you'd be sitting on +20, and that should clear just fine with your tires selected. they are most likely telling you this to make sure you clear your control arms and other parts behind the wheel. if you go too far out(around -44), you would have to do things like mold liners, norcal mod, etc to allow your tires to turn fully. lots of factors come into play to determine what will fit from wheel width, tire diameter, tire width, which brand lift(because of what components come with it), what size lift, etc. hopefully this sheds a bit of light on it. utilize the search function in here as well as the forum categories on the left on home page. hope it helps man

7. Oct 4, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    malice237

Member:
    It did very much so thank you

8. Oct 4, 2019 at 12:11 PM
    Fotnot

Fotnot SSEM #69; LRCS#1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    SW Louisiana