1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: built 2001 Tundra v8 4x4 access cab, expedition ready

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundra Marketplace (2000-2006)' started by seanpistol, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Dec 18, 2015 at 8:24 AM
    seanpistol

seanpistol [OP] New Member

Member:
    [​IMG]

2001 Toyota Tundra V8 4x4 SR5 TRD access cab
    4.7L V8 2UZ-FE, 147,000 miles. Automatic transmission, 35"s, mid-travel suspension, Nitro 4.56 gears, rear ARB air locker.

Here is a guy with 700,000 miles on his original engine and tranny - http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/249713-700-000-miles/

-Camburg uniball UCAs with new uniballs in the last 200 miles.
    -$1800 Fox coilovers with remote resi with DSC adjuster with 16" 700 lb springs, put on 200 miles ago.
    -Firewall tubbed to clear 35" tires at full compression and steering lock with no lift. Truck currently has no more than 1.5" lift.
    -Fenders clearanced for 35" tires at full compression. Again, no rub.
    -315/75r16 Goodyear Duratracs, load range E 3 ply sidewall. 1000 miles on them.
    -American Racing Chamber teflon wheels - 4.5" backspacing
    -Trail Gear 1.25" hub-centric spacers
    -Drivers side tire rod end and lower ball joint replaced 200 miles ago. Passenger side TRE and LBJ replaced 20,000 miles ago.
    -Bilstein 5100 rear shocks. I have brand new uninstalled Fox shocks with 10" stroke that will bolt into the stock location and add a couple inches of droop. They come with the truck.
    -A new, uninstalled Wheelers Offroad 3-pack Add-A-Leaf comes with the truck.

The Fox coilovers are the ONLY coilovers that can achieve 10" of travel on the front of the first-gen Tundra with the stock lower arms. The DSC adjuster on the remote resi allows for instant valving adjustment. The 700 lb springs are perfect for the added weight of a bumper and winch up front.

-Kartek 930 inner CV boots. Driver's side CV axle rebuilt 5,000 miles ago. New passenger CV 20,000 miles ago. Total Chaos diff drop.
    -231mm brake caliper upgrade from doublecab Tundra. Did this 50,000 miles ago, but warrantied the calipers 100 miles ago due to a sticking piston on one side, so they are brand new.
    -New brake pads 100 miles ago.
    -Custom braided stainless extended travel brake lines 100 miles ago with banjo bolt conversion into the caliper.
    -Total Chaos polyurethane steering rack bushings.
    -30,000 miles ago replaced inner and outer rear axle seals, wheel bearings, ABS sensors, and brake shoes.

-ARB RD129 rear locker
    -ARB CKSA12 compressor for rear locker. It is possible to add a front locker to this compressor.
    -6 position OTRATTW switch holder overhead in what used to be the sunglasses holder. Currently has a compressor and a rear locker switch- room for 4 more accessories.

-1.75" .120 wall DOM All-Pro sliders with kickout welded on
    -High clearance rear bumper with bedside protection and integrated hitch. Very stout. Improved departure angle.
    -Brute Force Fab front bumper with Superwinch Tigershark 9500 with synthetic rope. Bumper and winch are 8 months old.
    -LED cubes in the bumper throw a surprising amount of light
    -HID project retrofit with brand new housings and retrofit source parts. About 6 months old, paid $650 for properly done headlights.

-Brand new 315/75r16 MTR spare on Wheelers steelie with the same 4.5" backspacing as the rest of the wheels.
    -"undercover snorkel" - hidden cowl induction snorkel. Water would need to get up to the cowling to enter the intake. Uses negative pressure flowing over the windshield to force air into the engine. Nothing can be seen from the outside.
    -Flowmaster 40 muffler
    -Pioneer AVIC-D3 head unit- GPS, bluetooth, DVD player with bypass so it can be viewed while driving.
    -Remote Start
    -new Pendaliner bed liner
    -Ultragauge for monitoring engine temp, instant MPG, and about 50 other things that you can customize.
    -6 month old Diehard Platinum Marine battery, $330
    -The bed rack for a rooftop tent is also included.

This truck could not be more reliable or drive any better. I wouldn't hesitate to leave for the tip of South America tomorrow. The stock motor runs like a top and burns almost no oil between oil changes. All maintenance on this vehicle has been religiously attended to. Only full synthetic fluids have been used in the engine, differentials, and transfer case. The truck responds to the very slightest movement of the steering wheel and could not track any straighter down the road or drive any smoother. The 4.56 gears are 5% over stock for the 35s, so the speedo and transmission shift points are just about perfect. Driving 65mph on the highway for an extended distance, unloaded, I have seen 19.5 mpg with all the modifications. My tank average with commuting at 80 mph on the highway is around 16-16.5 mpg. Towing two snowmobiles on a trailer I will get around 14 mpg. The interior is in excellent shape with no rips or tears to be found and seating for 6. The access cab has rear suicide doors. The exterior has a few scratches and small dings as to be expected from a rig that has been down a few trails. The roof is bedlined. I am sad to see this go and this has been a great do-it-all rig for me, but I am ready for a new project.

$15,000

Call or text me at 661.803.5174

Build thread here- http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/100994-seanpistol-s-01-Tundra

2. Dec 18, 2015 at 8:28 AM
    Sean266

Sean266 #ThinBlueLine Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Damn there's some work put into this truck. GLWS!

To Top