1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: 2006 Tundra AC SR5 TRD Off Road 4x4 - Excellent condition (Colorado)

Discussion in 'Tundras For Sale' started by Dog, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 6, 2020 at 1:06 PM
    Dog

Dog [OP] sit!

Member:
    Rocky Mountain high...
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 AC 4x4 TRD-OR
    ** Update SOLD **

I kinda hate doing this, but I guess it’s time to sell my 2006 Tundra. 4.7L SR5 Off-Road package, Access Cab, 4x4 . Bluesteel Mica Metallic exterior, light charcoal cloth interior. 107,9xx miles.

I thought this was the “one” when I bought it late last year. And indeed it is the One, just not for what I was thinking. It is a beautiful, well-maintained truck from the arid Southwest. Spent most of it’s time in New Mexico, and then Colorado where it sits now. 10 of the 14 years in New Mexico. Extra benefit of NO RUST ISSUES from being in the Southwest, but also always garaged to protect it from the harsh sun.

I searched for a few months for a 2005-2006 AC, and pounced on this one within a few hours of it going up for sale. I was first in line of 13 people! I had my broker friend in Denver quickly handle the transaction a few hours later. I planned for this to be my forever truck, after moving out of a too-small-for-me 2015 Tacoma.

I have only put 500 miles on it in the last 7 months, so clearly I am not driving it much. Just sitting in my garage during the week, and I get it out once every other weekend to run to the store or some other errand. Otherwise it is on a battery tender, tucked away all clean in my heated finished garage.

So: what happened and why not driving it? I bought some acreage in February, and bought a well-used F150 (!! I know…) to use as my ranch truck. Well, I find myself driving it all the time while my Tundra sits in the garage. Probably because I don’t care about using my F150 as a daily driver, and my Tundra is too nice just to rack up the miles on. So here I am…

Mileage:107,9xx
    Price: $14,300
    Third owner (first two were father / adult son in NM and CO)
    Exterior condition: excellent (see below)
    Interior condition: excellent / pristine

NO stains, tears, rips, etc in the interior. Covered by custom made seat covers in the front, and a bench seat cover in the rear, Weathertech floor liners

Relevant recent maintenance:
    • oil change in 12/2019 at 107,390 miles
    • Timing belt in 5/2018 at 99k miles
    • New tires (less than 500 miles on them) in 01/2020 Pirelli Scorpion All-Terrain Plus. These are severe-snow rated with the mountain/snowflake symbol. 265/70r17
    • Alignment 01/2020

Upgrades & modifications (very minimal):
    • professional tint both front windows
    • Professional PPF on headlights & fogs
    • Professionally installed ($2k worth) new head unit Kenwood DMX906S, plus Sirius XM receiver, bluetooth hands free calling
    • Apple CarPlay
    • Rear backup camera
    • Remote start - Viper
    • Weathertech floor liners
    • CalTrend custom made front seat covers in gray tweed, canvas rear bench cover
    • LED interior light bulbs throughout
    • dealer option silver skid plate on the front, plus a front license plate bracket that sits about 0.5" away from the front bumper.
    • the tonneau cover in the pics has been sold, not included

Known issues:

I believe in full disclosure so as not to waste anyone’s time (especially mine… :) Most of these are so minimal that most people wouldn’t even mention them. I am not most people…I sell my vehicles exactly how I expect to buy them: from honest people who provide lots of details and hide nothing.
    • drivers side mirror vibrates slightly
    • Small dime-sized paint discoloration on hood, very faint (no idea what caused it, hard to see except certain light, I can provide a pic) Paint and clear coat are intact, this faint discoloration is odd…
    • Small pencil-end dimple on rear bumper - I have a pic
    • Usual tiny rock chips on front bumper, hood edge, fender leading edges (no big ones). Original paint, so you would expect this, but nothing unusual
    • small rock chip down low in middle of windshield, professionally repaired, not in driver sight line

That’s it. Truck runs perfectly. Everything works as it should. All electronics and controls work normally. No idiot lights on the dash. No deferred maintenance. No significant modifications to the truck - suspension is original and not lifted. I am very middle aged, so no shenanigans for me…

Not needing to sell, just looking for the right buyer. Someone who wants a turn-key, drive anywhere without worries truck. Someone like me who appreciates a rare 14 year old truck that has been loved and maintained, not modded and thrashed. A no BS buyer and a no BS seller…I am not listing this on craigslist, FB marketplace (no FB for me) or anywhere else. Only here on tundras.com.

Not the cheapest truck, nor should it be. You can find way-cheaper access cabs, but I can bet they won't be in this condition. No rust issues, Interior is excellent - 9.5 out of 10. Maybe 10 of 10. Exterior is very good, probably 8.5-9 out of 10. Engine bay is clean. Tires are brand new. Maintenance is current. And an excellent, less-common paint color.

Private message (PM) me for quickest response - much better than replying on this thread as I am not on here all day checking. If you PM me I am happy to provide my mobile number to call or text, and I have a lot more pictures.

I have a lot more pics if you PM me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    YardBird, FrenchToasty and Luckydog like this.
  2. Aug 8, 2020 at 2:29 PM
    Slicetruck

Slicetruck New Member

Member:
    Spokane Washington
    Vehicle:
    2007 Blue RCSB 5.7
    no mods yet...sway bar. Katzkin leather 20" Carved wheels
    Nice truck. Best color.. Whats going on under the seat covers?

I might be selling my RCSB to get a 4x4 and I prefer the 1st gen ACs to newer ones. Like you i don't want to sell but I'm moving to Park City and want 4wd.

3. Aug 9, 2020 at 4:40 PM
    Dog

Dog [OP] sit!

Member:
    Rocky Mountain high...
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 AC 4x4 TRD-OR
    Sale is pending... awaiting funds transfer.

4. Aug 9, 2020 at 6:06 PM
    Tundra2

Tundra2 Zoinked

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tundra V8 SR5 '03 Corolla Virus
    Congratulations on sale @Dog!

I will miss you if you leave the forum too.

Dog[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  5. Aug 9, 2020 at 6:45 PM
    Professional Hand Model

Professional Hand Model A.K.A ‘Golden Hands’

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    ‘Somewhere’... a State of Mind
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra SR5 4WD 4.7L AC Silver Metallica
    Hand Protectors
    Awesome! Hope the pending sale is successful. Nice seeing an un-modded Access Cab in excellent shape.

Dog[OP] likes this.
  6. Aug 14, 2020 at 4:48 PM
    Dog

Dog [OP] sit!

Member:
    Rocky Mountain high...
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 AC 4x4 TRD-OR
    Thanks, but I suspect I will stick around here. Probably not done with Toyotas, I can almost see a 05-06 Sequoia in my distant future. Or a 2nd gen (GASP!!!) RCSB. Dunno.

7. Aug 14, 2020 at 4:48 PM
    Dog

Dog [OP] sit!

Member:
    Rocky Mountain high...
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 AC 4x4 TRD-OR
    ** SOLD **

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top