1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Frustrations with bed liner shop

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Anohibian, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Jan 19, 2021 at 10:23 AM
    Anohibian

Anohibian [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Crewmax
    Took my 18 CM in for a bed liner yesterday. Dropped her off at 0930 when the shop opened as per my appointment. I was told it would be ready around 4:30-5:00 in the evening. Never heard anything from the shop. Since the closed at 6:00 my wife drove me there at 5:15. When I get there they told me, it’s gonna be a while. I asked for more details and was told, we are still prepping the bed. They had my truck for 8 hours and were still prepping it.

They loaned me the shop truck until they are finished, and it reinforced why I bought the tundra over a new ram.

I asked why they weren’t done with it after having it all day and that I had set up the appointment, so they knew what to expect. They shop told me they just got slammed that day. This tells me either they are over booking their shop and what they can do in a day, or they are taking walking customers and prioritizing them over appointments.

I have a feeling it I hadn’t gone to the shop, they wouldn’t have called me until they were closed and that would have put me without a vehicle on the first day back to school for my kids. If they are taking this long to do the job, when I pick it up today, that bed liner better be PERFECT.

Products Discussed in

To Top