1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front Turn signal

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by NCTundra, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Apr 17, 2016 at 7:12 PM
    NCTundra

NCTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tundra TRD
    I have a 2014 Tundra and the passenger side turn signal burned out so I replaced it and it immediately burned out again. Where should I start looking to find the problem? Thanks

2. Apr 17, 2016 at 8:35 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    Typically, bulbs that burn out often, point to an alternator problem or an intermittent short. Does seem kind of odd though that it only happens to one particular bulb location. Speaking of coinkydinks, I'd replace that bulb one more time just for S's & G's.

Visually track the wires back from the turn signal bulb and look for any obviously frayed or exposed wires.

Beyond that, I'd start looking at my nearest dealer. Still under warranty, and you don't want to go messin' with 'lectrical, if you don't know what you're doing.

3. Apr 17, 2016 at 8:45 PM
    NCTundra

NCTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tundra TRD
    Thanks, I will start with the dealership . I wish I was still in warranty but have 65,000 on the truck.

4. Apr 17, 2016 at 9:07 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    65k on a 2014?! Holy hell.

5. Apr 22, 2016 at 5:20 PM
    NCTundra

NCTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tundra TRD
    It was a bulb socket.