1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Free Auto Headlamp on solution for 07-13 Tundras

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Audiolust, May 14, 2022.

1. May 14, 2022 at 3:35 AM
    Audiolust

Audiolust [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra Limited
    This whole process started when the auto headlamps for my 2010 Tundra were just coming on way to close to dark for me. I'm the kind of guy that likes my headlights on for safety reasons. So when lights were coming on till after sundown and turning off just a little after sunrise it was not sensitive enough for me.

Read through the forums, found out the 07-13 Tundras don't have the adjustment feature in the radio like the 14+ Tundras do and you have to take it up to the dealer to have them adjust the setting with a techstream. It was about a $70.00 fee. Whatever, simple enough.

2 hours at the dealer later.

"Mr. Smith....We cant get it to work. No matter what we do the truck reverts back to the default setting (1-5, trucks is 3 by default)." We've tried maxing it out, lowering it to max, moving it one setting at a time. No matter what we do the setting wont save"

-
    Me - Thanks for trying.

"Your welcome, that will still be $80.00 for the techstream service fee."

Needless to say I wasn't pleased, but they did try so I paid my bill and left. So what was my solution?

[​IMG]

This little guy available at https://www.caplugs.com/ultrabake-caps-sc-sh

Best part it, it was completely free. Create an account, and request a sample. You want SC535-3000. You'll get two in a package and the shipping is free.

Its got a heavy smoke tint and 3 inches long and made of silicon. You have to cut it down to something like this.

Nothing necessary to put it one, wiggle it around the sensor until it slides on. You can use some water, I would not use any kind of lubricant.

Driven around with it a few days on now, much more to my sensitivity liking. They were on till about 645AM this morning, just after this picture.

This evening, mind you it was overcast and a storm was rolling in, they turned on around 730PM

Best completely free mod I've done yet, cap doesnt look out of the ordinary. I wished I had tried this first instead of paying the techstream fee.

ftmyerstundra and iHacker like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top