1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For Sale: Stainless Dash Plugin Plate (2nd gen.) - $60 CAD/$50 USD + shipping (Plugins included).

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundra Marketplace (2007-2013)' started by dv heavy duty, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Jul 6, 2016 at 1:08 PM
    dv heavy duty

dv heavy duty [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tundra - Platinum
    1500w Inverter with a stainless steel plugin plate in the dash (see photo).
    I couldn't find this solution anywhere, so I fabricated it myself!! I use a laptop in my truck often and kept killing my lighter plugs trying to use plug-in inverters (the wires to the lighter plugs are not a high enough gauge). I also frequently need to run power tools. I can run a grinder from my dash now! No more renting generators!

I have a Samlex 1500w inverter under my seat and wired to the battery through a solenoid so it only draws power when the ignition is on. I have two plugs in the inverter that run behind the dash and are connected to the plugs I designed the plate to fit. And yes the cigarette lighters still have power.

To install, run wires to the back of the opening, connect your wires to the provided snap-in plugs, fit the plate over the lighter covers, and epoxy to the dash piece surrounding the lighters. The plate is designed to fit snugly around the lighter covers for additional support, and your lighter covers will still snap closed.

I manufactured a bulk order of 14 gauge 304 #4 stainless steel plates based on my drawing since I know there are other fellows (and ladies) like myself that want an outlet in their dash. There is more than enough for everybody. The plate will come with a PVC coating (on the front side) to protect it from scratching during transport AND the snap in outlets are included as well. Contact me at stainlessdashplugin@shaw.ca if you want to get your hands on one...

2016-07-03 21.09.52.jpg 2016-07-03 21.09.39.jpg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    CaptTyler likes this.
To Top