1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For anyone in Ontario buying a 3rd gen Tundra

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Mattedfred, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Apr 27, 2023 at 6:06 PM
    Mattedfred

Mattedfred [OP] Toyota Fan Boy Since ‘04

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Cambridge, Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    2023 SR5 TRD Sport DC 4X4 in MGM
    TRD Skid Plate/Running Boards, Bison Soft Rollup Tonneau, Thule Canoe Rack, Bedmat, Tailgate Black Insert Badge, Northwest Seat Covers Neoprene Custom Fit Front Row Seat Covers. Tailgate Mat
    Just picked up our new ‘23 Tundra this afternoon.
    Can’t say enough good things about Steve Harvey - New Car Sales Manager at Cambridge Toyota. Best new or used car salesperson we’ve ever dealt with!
    If you’re looking for any new Toyota I highly recommend him.
    Ask me any questions or shoot me a PM for any further details.

Tripleconpanna and Y0TA PR0 like this.
  2. Apr 27, 2023 at 6:30 PM
    Outbound

Outbound SSEM #2.5, Token AmeriCanadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 CrewMax TRD Off Road, MGM of course.
    Well? How are you liking the truck? We need reports!

3. Apr 27, 2023 at 7:45 PM
    Mattedfred

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Vehicle:
    TRD Skid Plate/Running Boards, Bison Soft Rollup Tonneau, Thule Canoe Rack, Bedmat, Tailgate Black Insert Badge, Northwest Seat Covers Neoprene Custom Fit Front Row Seat Covers. Tailgate Mat
    You may come to regret the question. LOL

Loving it so far! Put over 60 kms on it in just a few hours during my test drive, drive home then a test drive with the wife.
    She hates driving the Tacoma but loves the Tundra. I could stop here. LOL
    Love the colour matching of the TRD Sport!
    Love those black wheels!
    Love the black badging!
    Love MGM!
    Love the look of a DC with a 6.5’ bed!
    The wife won’t let me blackout the chrome Toyota logo on the front grill. Says she wishes it had a little more chrome. LOL
    I had a page long inspection checklist that I sent to our salesperson in advance then brought with me today. Spent an hour slowly going through each item before the test drive.
    Paint, panel gaps, panel fitment, lights, undercarriage, door seals, seat stitching, backup camera, climate control fan strength were all fine.
    Steering wheel was dead straight and heating worked.
    Neither seat made a cracking noise and the black cloth interior looks like it will wear very well.
    No noise from A pillars or headliner.
    No squealing brakes.
    No clunky transmission.
    No rattling speakers.
    No rattling centre console.
    OEM bedmat looks awesome.
    TRD cast aluminum running boards look very nice. Haven’t measured them but think they may be slightly narrower than the ones on our Tacoma.
    Tailgate black insert badge looks perfect.
    TRD front skid plate will provide great protection for our intended use but doesn’t do much as a vanity purchase since you have to be lying on the ground to see it. LOL
    The sun visors are huge.
    That armrest on the front doors is very nice when you’re driving.
    I had lots of leg and head room in the rear seat when my wife was driving. Now, she is 5’1” and I’m 5’10”.
    Drove like a truck, as it should.
    I was surprised at the turning radius. Thought it would be worse. Did a U turn from the stop light in a single turn.
    You could hear the tires and road noise when you drove over things like crack fill.
    The back of the rear seats makes contact with the black metal track for the small power rear window. It’s not melting our rug lining. It’s just causing an indent. I’ll keep an eye on it but I’m not concerned.
    With the radio off, all windows up, if you’re not talking, and you listen for it, you can make out some wind noise on the driver and passenger sides. I think it’s the standard mirrors. I’m going to test out that tape fix another forum member came up with.
    Speaking of mirrors, I forgot how large even the standard mirrors are. Can’t wait to try them even towing our current travel trailer. I think they’ll be noticeably better than the ones on our Tacoma.
    I thought the TTV6 with stock exhaust sounded great! Maybe it’ll sound even better when the TRD exhaust we’ve ordered is back in stock.
    And, it fits in our driveway beside our current travel trailer!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  4. Apr 28, 2023 at 12:36 PM
    Mattedfred

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Vehicle:
    If anyone needs a line on a discounted price for a Toyota ECP send me a PM.

Products Discussed in

To Top