1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Firestone Destination AT2

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Robster80, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Dec 3, 2020 at 2:14 PM
    Robster80

Robster80 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Anyone running these? Hated the Duratracs that came on my TSS. Way too much noise. Found a few reviews on these mentioning how super quiet they were and great dry/wet traction and was able to get them at a deal so i got a set. Just installed. Only wish they looked a touch more aggressive but oh well.

equin likes this.
  2. Dec 3, 2020 at 3:01 PM
    equin

equin Texarican Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Silver Sky DC SR5 5.7L 4x4 TSS Package
    TRD Rear Anti-sway bar, TRD Pro skid plate, Bedrug bed mat, 17" Icon Rebounds, 315/70/17 BFG AT/K02, Bilstein 6112s front (for now), Fox 2.5 Remote Reservoirs rear, Diamondback SE, Dirtydeeds Industries 8" stainless BAMuffler, aFe dry air filter, TRD air intake accelerator
    I ran those many years ago on a 1st gen Tacoma and thought they were great both on and off-road. You're right. Their tread doesn't look that aggressive, but they did better than the BFG AT/KOs I had also ran on that truck while going on the same, uphill off-camber, 3-diamond rated trail at BMRA/Gilmer. I never tried them in mud, but they're not designed for that anyway. Main reason I got them back then was because they were on sale. I had looked at them again, but their price had gone way up.

Granted, that was years ago, and on a much lighter, narrower, more trail friendly vehicle. But I was impressed enough with them that I'd consider them again for the Tundra if the price was right.

3. Dec 3, 2020 at 3:23 PM
    Robster80

Robster80 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Those musta been the regular AT as these AT2 came out late last year. Sorta similar in design tho. After getting sick of the noisy duratracs i just looked on tire rack at quietest rated AT’s and these scored a 9.3 and i work at tire shop so was able to get them at decent price. The only other tire that was available i considered was the toyo at3 but couldnt find many reviews and some mentioned them not being great on wet roads. They do look more badass than these tho. But hopefully these will do fine for my needs. On a short trip home from work i could tell they are definitely quieter.

equin[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Dec 3, 2020 at 10:08 PM
    equin

equin Texarican Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Silver Sky DC SR5 5.7L 4x4 TSS Package
    TRD Rear Anti-sway bar, TRD Pro skid plate, Bedrug bed mat, 17" Icon Rebounds, 315/70/17 BFG AT/K02, Bilstein 6112s front (for now), Fox 2.5 Remote Reservoirs rear, Diamondback SE, Dirtydeeds Industries 8" stainless BAMuffler, aFe dry air filter, TRD air intake accelerator
    Ah, yes. I completely missed the AT2 part. Mine were the older ATs. And yes, I remember them being relatively quiet as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top