1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally a happy wiper story for my 2014 STD Cab long box

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by geehawwhoagit, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Nov 28, 2020 at 11:39 AM
    geehawwhoagit

geehawwhoagit [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra SR work truck long box standard cab
    custom bed rails, steps,RK box
    This could apply to any of the trucks. Noting that these trucks have really long wiper blades ....... I bought my truck used with about ten thousand miles on it. From the git go the sucker ate wiper blades and was NOISY. Slap here slap there. I changed different wiper blade brands. I washed and washed and polished and prayed to the windshield with rubbing alcohol, too. I bent the wiper blade assemblies a little bit here and little bit there.

All lame temporary fixes. My better half had ragged me to get new wiper blade assemblies. I ordered OEM from the local dealer. I loosened the post nuts and gave them some Fluid Film over the weekend. Monday I picked up the new blades and removed the old ones. The new ones were smooth inside the holes. The old ones had ridges to match the posts although partially stripped. I cleaned the posts with knife blade and toothbrush. Installed new smooth blades over the "tapered" posts. Tighten them up snug and a half. Voila. Problem FINALLY solved.

I figure that the guy must have had these blades good and stuck during a snow or ice event. The fact that this is the weak link saved me from having to go to the linkage and or motor.

YardBird likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top