1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Final two shells I am thinking of. stock pics added

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by TomC843, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Jul 4, 2019 at 6:00 AM
    TomC843

TomC843 [OP] The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    16, 4X4, 4U3, Katzkins, Flowmaster, ARE MX, Swing cases, TRD skid plate, Volant CAI....
    Leaning toward these, what do you think? I have stared at all of them and think these look more truck like. Had an even taller cap on my old F-250. Think I like the ARE over the Leer, but not getting response for quote from local dealer through Leer web site. Leer on top.

cap180.jpg
    capMX.jpg

Texastundra2018 likes this.
  2. Jul 4, 2019 at 11:56 AM
    Tzvia

Tzvia Just an old woman in a pickup truck.

Member:
    Los Angeles County
    Vehicle:
    2019 5.7L Limited TRD Off Road 4x4
    Just a Bed Rug and Snugtop XTRA Vision
    It is really personal choice, they are very similar in shape. BTW this is my favorite style, my previous two trucks had the similar Snugtop Highliner that I just loved. The extra headroom as I crawled or stood hunched over made a big difference in comfort. I remember while making up my mind on my last truck, that Leer was seen as 'lower end' but what I am seeing now from them looks much improved. You might want to look at what options they have as that might favor one vs the other. I was bummed when I couldn't get another Highliner on my current truck as it would have been too tall for the work parking structure.

TomC843[OP] likes this.
  3. Jul 4, 2019 at 12:09 PM
    Forkhunter

Forkhunter New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 DC Limited
    I looked at both of these. I would like a mid rise in the future. Got an ARE Z used for now. Figure I can get my money back out of it when I am ready to upgrade. I like my Leer dealer better, but ...you can get the ARE with a single handle rather than dual. I like the looks of the Leer a little better as to how it sits on the truck. I think I may prefer the snugtop over both for the rear door looks though I haven't looked at one in person. I guess what I am saying is....seems like there is lots of personal preference in what decision you make. I do like the door hardware better on the ARE also.

TomC843[OP] likes this.
  4. Jul 4, 2019 at 1:20 PM
    Milamber

Milamber New Member

Member:
    Double handle kills it for me. That’s a royal pain when you go in and out all day

TomC843[OP] likes this.
  5. Jul 4, 2019 at 8:19 PM
    TomC843

TomC843 [OP] The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    16, 4X4, 4U3, Katzkins, Flowmaster, ARE MX, Swing cases, TRD skid plate, Volant CAI....
    ARE quote. Not getting response from Leer dealer....
    in reference to your inquiry about the MX truck cover your prices follows: MX- $2125, headliner- $150, sliding front window tiltdown- $90, 12 v dome light- $50, and the roof tracks only- $180. it is taking 5-7 weeks for a cover to come in. we will be closed 7/4/19 till 7/8/19 for the fourth.

Products Discussed in

To Top