1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Filoventures 2022 Overland build

Discussion in '3rd Gen Builds (2022+)' started by Filoventures, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Jul 24, 2022 at 9:07 AM
    Filoventures

Filoventures [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rolino
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD-Offroad
    Westcott Designs Preload collar 3/1 SCS Ray10s, Yokohama Geolander
    Hey! My name is Rolly, and I'm base in Alberta, Canada. Im planning to document my build just to reminisce what it was like when I first started. I have big plans for this platform and hope people can use this as a resource as well for potential mods for their own Tundra.

@Filo.ventures is my Instagram if you want to follow. This is where I usually post photos and adventures that I go on.

March 26/2022
    Day I picked up the truck. I originally put in an order for a 2022 Toyota 4runner back in December 2022, but after a few talks with the sales team at Toyota Northwest, they figured it wouldn't arrive till June of 2022, so I changed my order to a 2022 Toyota Tundra Crewmax SR5 TRD-Offroad.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

April 5/2022
    Took it straight to Liberty Autoworx for PPF, Ceramic Coating and got the front grill shroud wrapped. I didn't bother with painting it yet as I was planning to do all that once I get the funds for a front bumper.
    [​IMG]

July 15
    Westcott Designs 3/1 Lift kit came in and decided to try out the rims and tires I had from another build. Rims are SCS Ray10s 17x8.5 -10 Offset Brushed Copper. Tires are Yokohama Geolander M/T G003 in 35x12.5R17.

The 17s fit as confirmed with a bunch of other youtubers but leaves very little room between the rim inner barrel and the brake. This might be a potential problem with people who wheel in mud and snow or tires that are very hard to balance as wheel weights might need to be stacked. There's options for beads but I've never had good experience with the. The -10 offset is definitely too much for the tundra without Fiberglass. The stance is awesome, but not practical to off-road with.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Photos of the poke:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Making the truck drivable with the wheels wasn't too bad, I removed the mudflaps and the bracket that sits behind it and screwed the liner into the original holes as far back as I could. To clearance the front, You need to remove the plastic bracket that the liner pins to. Same with the front, I zip-tied and pulled the liner as far forward as possible.
    [​IMG]

Megatron, a_double, Bob and 2 others like this.
  2. Jul 24, 2022 at 9:39 AM
    doublethebass

doublethebass New Member

Member:
    Minneapolis
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Pro 6MT
    Good call wrapping the grille

3. Sep 2, 2022 at 11:14 AM
    iiawah808

iiawah808 New Member

Member:
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2022 iForce Tundra Limited TRD Offroad
    Currently Searching....
    Man, those SCS wheels look good. I was searching high and low for pics with SCS Wheels and happy I found your build. I plan to go with SCS when my tundra gets in. Thanks for the confirmation and beautiful truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top