1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

EZ Flate MOAB Dual Air Compressor - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Recovery & Gear' started by KroppDuster, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Nov 6, 2022 at 10:44 AM
    KroppDuster

KroppDuster [OP] Out with the old and in with the...older?

Member:
    Here. There. Everywhere.
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 TRD Off Road - Cavalry Blue
    Has anyone out there used the EZ Flate MOAB Dual Cylinder Compressor. It's $230 and has a 1-year warranty. I see several YT vids with positive reviews, but curious if anyone has real world experience? It's also in-stock vs the other options.

EZ Flate MOAB Link: https://ezflate.com/products/ez-flate-m-o-a-b

I know there are several versions of it floating around since different retailers/vendors source it from China. Other versions out there that I know of are:
    • NAPA has their "Maxi Trac" for $135, but it's been out of stock for ages. I emailed NAPA customer service, and they were no help. They have no clue if it'll come back in stock or if it's been "discontinued" and just needs to be removed from the site. Link: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_MTWM10215C
    • Overland Pro has their Twin Pump Compressor for $190 but it too is out of stock with no pending replenishment date. It's another variation of the same pump from China but is the same basic model as the other 2. The NAPA and EZ Flate models are slightly more "spruced" up cosmetically but have the same specs. Link: http://overlandpros.com/product/twin-pump-compressor/
    In the end, the EZ Flate is the most expensive Chinese model but even at $230 it's a heck of a deal for the features. The ARB Twin Air Compressor is best in breed, but it's triple the price. I like the idea of the portability with the EZ Flate (& others) vs hard mounting an onboard compressor like the ARB.

Let me know if anyone out there has tried the MOAB or the other models.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    des2mtn likes this.
  2. Nov 28, 2022 at 3:39 PM
    KroppDuster

KroppDuster [OP] Out with the old and in with the...older?

Member:
    Here. There. Everywhere.
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 TRD Off Road - Cavalry Blue
    In case anyone is curious, I received the compressor a couple of weeks ago. Ordered it on EZ Flate's website along with their Recoil 4-way air hose. Now I can air all 4 corners at the same time.

For the price, I'm fairly impressed. The build quality is slightly better than I expected. I was expecting Harbor Freight but got something closer to Craftsman (pre downfall), if that makes sense. haha.

I ran the compressor off & on working my way up to a full duty cycle to break it in. I was able air up from 12 PSI back to 38 PSI really quick. Unfortunately, I didn't time it but it took less time to air up the tires than it took to set everything up.

Long term, we'll see how well this holds up. At first glance, most of the parts seem serviceable. We'll see how easy/hard it would be to ever get replacement parts if it's needed.

I'm pleased and I think it's a good bit of kit to have on hand. If it holds up for more than 3-4 years, then I'll consider it a good investment.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    thearborbarber likes this.
  3. Nov 28, 2022 at 6:25 PM
    thearborbarber

thearborbarber New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SoDak
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR5
    That's pretty school. Thanks for taking the plunge and reporting back.

KroppDuster[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top