1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engine Whistle

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Yzed608, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Jul 1, 2017 at 10:46 AM
    Yzed608

Yzed608 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Hello, first post here. Proud new owner of a 2017 MGM SR5 DC and I have a question about a whistle noise. I notice it around 1750-2000 RPM, doesn't matter speed but normally if the engine is under a little load. I'm thinking it's this: https://www.tundras.com/threads/diy-fix-for-whistle-after-adding-high-flow-air-filter.2619/ but wanted to see if it's the same sound or not, this is with a totally stock intake system (even filter). I've never ridden in another 2nd/3rd gen Tundra before so I don't have anything to compare it to. Here's a video of the sound, it's actually 3 separate clips. Sorry for the black screen, had my phone face up on the dash to try to get best audio recording quality:

I can almost compare it to like a high pitch electric frequency sound. I may be crazy but I don't think I recall hearing it before the first time I tried playing with the tow/haul mode but that may just be me being overly sensitive to noises after getting somewhat hard on the throttle for the first time...

Products Discussed in

To Top