1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electrical issues continue

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Faulknjc1, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Apr 13, 2022 at 6:25 AM
    Faulknjc1

Faulknjc1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sequoia Platinum 4WD
    Good morning! Thought I’d try again with this issue. Ever since replacing the 3amp fuse with a 10amp on my Morimoto LED DRL harness, I’ve had the following issues—sometimes, but not every time—when I start the truck (and they continue as I drive):

- passenger airbag light on
    - passenger seat belt light keeps flashing
    - traction control light on
    - head unit doesn’t work
    - cargo lights don’t work
    - auto steering wheel tilt doesn’t work
    - clock resets to 1:00

And then sometimes I start the truck and all these systems are operating normally. Doesn’t matter time of day or how long it’s been since starting up - it’s like flipping a coin each time to see what happens.

Any ideas??

Thank you!!

jason

2. Apr 13, 2022 at 6:44 AM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    If those issues started when you installed the Morimoto lights, I would remove them and install stock LEDs with the ihacker harness. You wont have any issues with that setup.

3. Apr 13, 2022 at 10:15 AM
    Faulknjc1

Faulknjc1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sequoia Platinum 4WD
    Thanks for the reply. The thing is, the issue didn’t start with the installation of the Morimoto headlights. Vehicle ran just fine for 3 months with the new headlights. But then one day I noticed that the DRLs were not working, so someone suggested I check the fuse in the DRL wiring harness and sure enough the 3amp fuse had blown. I read where folks suggested replacing that 3amp fuse with a 10amp, which I did, and the DRLs now work fine. But then all the other issues started.

I will add that I mistakenly took the DRL harness fuse out of the fuse box while the car was running initially. The engine did something weird when I did that—like it lost power or something. I shoved the fuse connector back in the box. Then I turned the car off, unhooked the battery, and replaced the fuse. That’s when the issues started.

Did I mess something up with the computer when I pulled that fuse while the car was running? Is this a “reset the computer” thing you think? Or could the higher amperage of that second fuse on the DRL harness be causing these issues?

thank you!!

Products Discussed in

To Top