1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eibach TRD Pro Lift PN E30-82-079-04-20

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by mfranzen89, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Feb 17, 2023 at 6:19 PM
    mfranzen89

mfranzen89 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra TRD Pro LR
    Wondering if anyone has installed these yet and if so, what are your thoughts compared to stock?

I haven’t been able to find much info on them specifically about ride quality compared to the stock springs.

TIA - PFA

BBAE228D-02C4-4716-8839-5AE20A8F0FE8.jpg

2. Feb 26, 2023 at 1:28 AM
    Tripleconpanna

Tripleconpanna Just an X who bought Bud Light from Target

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO CM; 2008 SR5 CM
    I was wondering the same thing. The stance of the Tundra on their website looks really nice. Looking at their instruction sheets, the one thing that concerns me a little is limited tolerances w/UCA. They give you instructions that say L facing out on the driver side and R facing out on passenger side, but note that additional rotation of the spring may be required to clear UCA and check clearances after alignment.

It will be interesting to see what people thing of these in comparison to the Wescott and Coachbuilder set ups.

3. Mar 1, 2023 at 11:10 AM
    Luke_Skywalker

Luke_Skywalker New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    Eibach TRD Pro Front Springs, Dirt King UCA's Coachbuilder +3 shackle (poly bushings)/carrier bearing drop, steering upgrade, bumper shims, White Knuckle Sliders, Leitner Designs, Baja Designs, Switch Pro, Victron Solar, BORA 1.25", BFG KO2s, Wheelers Superbumps, VLED interior lights, 12" Sub, Window Tint.
    I'm curious as well. Id love to keep the OEM pro stuff while getting some more height out of it. This would be interesting to combine with the coachbuilder kit to get even more lift up front. With a +3 shackle and a AAL you can get a pro 2 inches taller than how it comes.

4. Mar 8, 2023 at 6:30 PM
    Luke_Skywalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    Eibach TRD Pro Front Springs, Dirt King UCA's Coachbuilder +3 shackle (poly bushings)/carrier bearing drop, steering upgrade, bumper shims, White Knuckle Sliders, Leitner Designs, Baja Designs, Switch Pro, Victron Solar, BORA 1.25", BFG KO2s, Wheelers Superbumps, VLED interior lights, 12" Sub, Window Tint.
    Im scheduled to get these springs installed on the front in two weeks time. Combining that with Coachbuilder +3 shackles to (if God willing all goes according to plan) lift the back 1.75 and front 1.8. I'm skeptical the front will net a full 1.8 inches, but i've called Eibach twice now and two different guys in tech say its going to be true to the advertised lift so we will see. From what i've seen on the 4runner forum for the TRD pro spring kit for those models, the guys have actually been getting damn near advertised lift for their models which i think is 1.3 in the front. Im curious if the ride is going to stiffen up too much up front, but in the event it does it will give me an excuse to mount a hidden winch!

RegGex, Tripleconpanna and WFD473 like this.
  5. Mar 8, 2023 at 8:23 PM
    Dalandshark

Dalandshark Infected with 5G

Member:
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra SR5 5.7 Longbed
    Eibach Level LIft
    For what it’s worth, the first generation Eibach kit rides really well. Very nice balance between comfort and control.

6. Mar 8, 2023 at 8:30 PM
    Luke_Skywalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    Are you referring to the Pro Truck lift? Or was there a spring only kit for the previous Gen? In any case, i'm fairly confident I'll like the ride either way. After all Eibach does product the springs that are on the Pros as it is. I find my Pro to be a little too soft at times, mostly when loaded with camping stuff like a roof tent so a little bit stiffer wont hurt.

7. Mar 11, 2023 at 2:15 PM
    RegGex

RegGex I noticed you copied my beard

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro CM
    Keep us posted on how everything turns out!

8. Mar 11, 2023 at 2:22 PM
    Dalandshark

Dalandshark Infected with 5G

Member:
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra SR5 5.7 Longbed
    Eibach Level LIft
    It was called “eiback level lift” came with struts/springs. Basically same thing as stage 1 pro truck package.

9. Mar 21, 2023 at 9:32 AM
    RegGex

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro CM
    @Luke_Skywalker you get these guys installed yet? Just got mine in today

ryanwgregg likes this.
  10. Mar 21, 2023 at 9:16 PM
    Luke_Skywalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    @RegGex yes I did.Love the look of the truck. Unfortunately while removing a not needed bumpstop extension I had the bolt snap in the threads...so im waiting till thats all sorted to go out and take some good photos. Hopefully this coming week itll all be sorted so I can put it through its paces and comment on performance. But the Eibach springs up front and the +3 coachbuilder in the rear look great. Best part is the truck is almost dead leveled. Its higher in the rear by measurement but not enough to tell with the naked eye.

RainMan_PNW and RegGex like this.
  11. Mar 22, 2023 at 1:36 PM
    Luke_Skywalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    Im going to probably do a new thread with photos and thoughts on this, just FYI. One thing i will say is that the coachbuilder bump stop extensions that were on, are absolutely not needed and dont let the suspension ride like it should. Removed those this morning and back to oem lengths and the truck feels much better when articulating. Superbumps this weekend, and poly bushings from coachbuilder in my shackles and Ill create the new thread.

@RegGex are you doing the entire Eibach kit? I forgot to measure the truck before the lift. Can you do a measurement of center hub to fender front and rear for us please?

RegGex and WFD473 like this.
  12. Mar 22, 2023 at 1:40 PM
    Luke_Skywalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    @mfranzen89 I can comment on the ride quality for you before I put the superbumps on. As far as I can tell its almost identical on the streets. I have yet to take it offroad. I can tell there is slightly less body roll/understeer, and I would say that the brake dive is reduced maybe 10%. It still drives very much like the truck when it was bone stock, which is what I was hoping for. I cant comment on the entire kit as I only did the front springs and the coachbuilder shackle in the rear.

I think the height is how the Pro should have come from the factory. I also got Dirt King UCAs put in when I did the lift and my alignment is dead on.

WFD473 likes this.
  13. Mar 22, 2023 at 6:23 PM
    baron

baron New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro
    Interested to hear more impressions and see some pics. I did the Westcott front kit but this wasn't available at that time. Might've gone this direction instead.

14. Mar 22, 2023 at 6:37 PM
    RegGex

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro CM
    I’m just going to do the front springs for right now and call it good. I just did the icon AAL for the rear and happy with the height back there, will probably switch it out with some deavers after a bit.

I was going to put it on today, but unfortunately when I had the Westcott collar put on they didn’t give me the stock bottom spacer back, so I need to dig around for that part number and see if I can get it before I throw them on.

I would do the measurements but I already have the Westcott lift on now

15. Mar 23, 2023 at 7:55 AM
    Luke_Skywalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    @RegGex so you are removing the westcott components correct? No sweat on the measurements, Ill measure the next pro i find in a parking lot with the measuring tape i keep in my truck.

RegGex likes this.
  16. Mar 23, 2023 at 7:57 AM
    Luke_Skywalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    Thread coming soon. Initial impressions are that the front feels almost the same. 10% less brake dive and understeer. Corners a little bit flatter which I appreciate, but not stiff enough to make you say "wow what a change". I like the softness of the Pro stuff, which is why i went this direction vs new coilovers.

17. Mar 23, 2023 at 8:16 AM
    RegGex

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro CM
    Yea I was going to, just curious to see if there’d be any difference between the two (they are seemingly doing close to the same thing). But unfortunately I can’t find (or I didn’t get it back, can’t remember) the original lower spacer for the shock and I’ve been struggling to find a part number

36BAE277-70F1-498B-93F1-51C84B4E2B9D.jpg

18. Mar 23, 2023 at 9:11 AM
    Luke_Skywalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    I would definitely not stack them together. Have you called the shop? Try calling Fox directly. They always answer my questions when I call.

19. Mar 23, 2023 at 9:15 AM
    RegGex

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro CM
    Yea I wasn’t going to stack them (I don’t want that much height), and that would be a bit dangerous lol I was planning on calling fox today to see if I could get one shipped my way.

20. Mar 23, 2023 at 11:16 AM
    Tripleconpanna

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    If you're just looking for a measurement on a stock height Pro, I can get that for you sometime today... Mine's a '21 w/OE suspension, wheels and tires.

The only issue w/doing this to see what the 'gain' of the new springs is that not every truck will sits the same from the factory, which is why some guys can run certain tires w/no issues and others can't.

But, let me know if you want the #s, and I'll park it somewhere level and take the measurements for you sometime today :thumbsup:

21. Mar 23, 2023 at 11:33 AM
    baron

baron New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro
    If you haven't yet, post a WTB Ad on here. There are definitely enough people that run this kit that would have that part laying around. You probably could call Westcott direct and see if they have the OEM collar since they install so many. Someone has to have some sitting around they're willing to part with.

22. Mar 23, 2023 at 12:03 PM
    Luke_Skywalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    @tripleconpanna yeah man measurements would be great. Every truck varies slightly for sure. My truck has white knuckle sliders, a bare Leitner rack, and a molle bed panel on the bulkhead, so its id say 300ish pounds heavier than a completely untouched stock pro. So im almost positive my lift height will be lower than what a completely stock pro will get, likely not by too much but im interested to get the measurements either way.

Tripleconpanna likes this.
  23. Mar 23, 2023 at 12:26 PM
    Tripleconpanna

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Copy that; I'll grab them this afternoon sometime and post later.... I've got a sprayed bed liner, 3/4" stall mat cover the floor of the bed, hard folding cover, chains and about 8' of 2x8 back there... So, probably 120 - 140lbs on the rear of mine.

RegGex likes this.
  24. Mar 23, 2023 at 1:10 PM
    RegGex

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro CM
    You sir are smart, that didn’t even cross my mind :anonymous:

baron[QUOTED] likes this.
  25. Mar 23, 2023 at 3:50 PM
    Luke_Skywalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    I was able to run a quick dirt road near my place. The truck rides great. Im super stoked to get the poly bushings in this weekend as i've heard they are a major improvement.

26. Mar 23, 2023 at 5:12 PM
    Tripleconpanna

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Ok, from the center of the hub to the wheel well, I'm right at 23.5" all around +/- 1/16"... :thumbsup: My RR was about 1/16" higher than the LR.

This is kinda surprising to me as it seems like most guys have a difference around 1/4 - 1/2", but apparently I'm pretty level from the factory!

Where are you guys at that are running the Westcott and Coachbuilder setups??

27. Mar 23, 2023 at 6:39 PM
    RegGex

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro CM
    I just measured my frontend and I’m at 24.5” on both sides with the Westcott lift. In the rear I’m at 25.5” on both sides and that’s with the Icon rear expansion leaf pack, and I’ve got the Diamondback HD on there with an UpTop truss rack and iKamper RTT. So probably around 350lbs or so

28. Mar 24, 2023 at 2:38 PM
    Luke_Skywalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro
    So im at 24.75 in the front, and 25 dead even in the rear.

Tripleconpanna likes this.
  29. Mar 24, 2023 at 3:45 PM
    Tripleconpanna

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    ...and confirming you're on a coachbuilder for the front??

30. Mar 24, 2023 at 5:07 PM
    VTYOTER

VTYOTER Rock

Member:
    First Name:
    Torrey
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro LR
    35" KO2, METHOD 701, WESTCOTT COLLAR, CB+3, BUMPER SHIMS, CALIRAISED ROCK SLIDERS STEP EDITION, DIAMONDBACK HD
    I’ve got OEM collars from my westcott lift. I don’t need them if you want them.

Im running westcott up front and cheers boys! +3 out back

Products Discussed in

To Top