1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dyno testing supercharged tundra 2017 VS 2018 not the same tune!

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by DDOC1840, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Jul 10, 2019 at 12:48 PM
    DDOC1840

DDOC1840 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 tundra platinum
    Magnuson supercharger Elka suspension OEM black powder-coated wheels
    Today I had my tundra dyno tested. The results came in about what I expected at a normal elevation. What was interesting was also this week (on Monday) another tundra just supercharged last week was tested on the same dyno. The owner asked me why I was back - I had no clue what he was talking about, apparently the other truck was also white platinum crewmax w/ black wheels. Not to often you get an apples to apples 2017 vs 2018 tundra non flex fuels. Only difference was the 2018 had the new tune that was just released (from what the owner of the race shop told me) from Magnuson. Same tech same process same dyno different results! 2018 tundra results were disappointing as his max horsepower on all 5 pulls was 397. Maybe the tune from Magnuson isn’t dialed in yet for the 18...as his power was behind mine by almost 8% at the wheels compared to the 428 pull I got. 3B21E396-8F67-4F6B-846F-571B675E397B.jpg

G2G likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top