1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drivers power seat question.

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by SuperWhite20, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Dec 27, 2019 at 11:45 AM
    SuperWhite20

SuperWhite20 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Georgetown TX
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4X4
    TRD Sway bar. Deck Rails, Maxliner rear floor mat, Driver side grab handle. Dee Zee bed mat
    2020 SR5 4X4 - driver seat - Powering up in the front seems very slow and sluggish like it is really straining even when I get out of the seat. Down seems to go down quick and smooth. Front to back and back to front seem just fine. Any one experience this or is it time to take her to the doctor!

2. Dec 27, 2019 at 11:53 AM
    silverhack

silverhack New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 CrewMax Inferno
    Moving any direction should feel the same. Sounds like something is not right.

3. Jan 3, 2020 at 1:10 PM
    SuperWhite20

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Georgetown TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sway bar. Deck Rails, Maxliner rear floor mat, Driver side grab handle. Dee Zee bed mat
    Took my truck to the dealer today. Service Writer said she could hear that the seat motor was rough and growled going up. Shop Foreman said it was normal for the 2020 Tundras. My son has a ‘19 TSS DC and my daughter has a ‘17 TSS Crewmax. Theirs are fine. It sounds very weak going up either loaded or unloaded. Three hours there for a creaking door panel and to tell me the seat was normal. I’ll be visiting the Service Director shortly.

4. Jan 3, 2020 at 1:12 PM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    How big a fella are ya?

No really, I didn't notice anything like that with mine. Get it checked on.

5. Jan 3, 2020 at 1:15 PM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    If they say it's normal, go out to another 2020 and check it. If it's the same as yours then you might be SOL. If it moves faster, go to the foreman's boss and take him/her to the one on the lot and yours. Tell him/her that the foreman isn't doing his job and ask if that's how the GM or Toyota want's their shop to be run. Sounds like the foreman doesn't want to mess with something that is "good enough" until it completely breaks. Unacceptable.

6. Jan 3, 2020 at 1:57 PM
    SuperWhite20

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Georgetown TX
    Vehicle:
    Checked the one on the floor. It moves slow like mine but is quiet. I just needed to get outta there after waiting three hours for nothing. Spoke to the Service Director.

I have been a dealer tech and Lemon Law Investigator for 45 years. I also taught auto classes at night. I know when a motor is bad. I should have sent it back in today but had to go.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    GODZILLA likes this.
  7. Jan 3, 2020 at 3:05 PM
    SuperWhite20

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Georgetown TX
    Vehicle:
    Seat frame now on order! But back ordered. Three weeks. Whole seat frame! So. it will be fixed.

Moon Puppy and GODZILLA like this.
  8. Jan 3, 2020 at 3:06 PM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    Good deal!

9. Jan 22, 2020 at 11:22 AM
    SuperWhite20

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Georgetown TX
    Vehicle:
    Had the ($1450.00) lower seat frame replaced yesterday. I can tell they replaced it. I took photos of the seat bolts and all of the leather to make sure that if something was scratched or messed up I had documentation it wasn’t there before. Up/Down motor sounds the same! Sounds like it is straining going up even with no one in the seat. SD says it moves like it should and once you set it you won’t be moving it again. Well, my wife changes the seat when she drives it. It doesn’t grind like before but still sounds louder and rougher than the other two motors. Guess I will break the motors in and see what happens. 32 months of warranty left. Plus in Texas if a concern is not repaired under warranty and it happens again the law (Lemon Law) still holds them responsible for the repair!

10. Jan 22, 2020 at 11:25 AM
    JeremyGSU

JeremyGSU New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra
    My '16 SR5 the drivers seat definitely goes slower going up with me in it versus going down. I'm 210lbs. Sometimes I just lean forward so it's not straining as much versus pushing my body weight up. Can't say if it's what you're experiencing or not.

11. Jan 22, 2020 at 11:34 AM
    SuperWhite20

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Georgetown TX
    Vehicle:
    The back up and down is smooth and fast. I know the front is slower - my neighbor has a Tundra as well as my daughter, son, nephew, and the 2020 TRD Pro on the showroom floor. The front up motion is just louder than going down - again standing next to the truck and working the seat.

Products Discussed in

To Top