1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driver side control arm needs replaced? 2010 CM 2nd Gen 4x4

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mlong219, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Mar 4, 2018 at 12:33 PM
    mlong219

mlong219 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Hi All,

I have a 2010 CM Platinum with 118k miles on it. I just got my transmission fluid changed at the dealer, and noticed when I got the truck back, I noticed the front driver wheel felt like it was rubbing or something coming from the front driver side wheel. I took it back to the dealer this past Friday, and they said every thing is fine.

Today I decided to check it my self, and I noticed the rubber is broken apart near the control arm. Is this normal? If not, do I need to get this replaced? If so, what parts do I need, and any idea how much labor would be?

[​IMG]

Thanks,

2. Mar 5, 2018 at 2:16 PM
    MRTUND460

MRTUND460 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 CrewMax Platinum
    TRD Supercharged, Doug Thorley headers, MBRP cat back exhaust, DAP Tuned, 4.5" BDS lift, Firestone airbags, TRD sway bars, TRD big brakes, Icon CNC upper control arms Fox DSC shocks all 4 corners, Deaver custom rear leaf springs, 2018 Sequoia headlights.
    Wow crazy they didn't catch that. The boot is split which means the ball joint is probably worn out now. You'll need to replace the ball joint, but it's pressed in so if you're doing it yourself and you don't have a press it would be easier to replace the entire arm. The joints go for about $30 and you can get newish used ones on eBay for about $100 each. I have a set off my 2010 CM (pulled when the truck was brand new) I'd sell you if you're interested! Recommend replacing both sides, probably just a matter of time before the other side goes.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Mar 5, 2018 at 9:45 PM
    mlong219

mlong219 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    I was told my ball joints are made into the control arm on my Platinum. I was also told, I will need a alignment done.

https://tinyurl.com/y8dqdxo3
    https://tinyurl.com/yb65fjhe

I checked the right/passenger side, and it looks like its starting to leak.

[​IMG]

I plan on getting this fix later this week, hopefully by Saturday.

Any idea how long these will last, before the wheel falls off?

Thanks,

-Matt

Products Discussed in

To Top