1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does your traction control engage on tight corners?

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by DanielPaul, Oct 17, 2019.

?

Does your traction control engage on tight corners?

1. Yes - Truck is completely stock

4.2%
  2. No - Truck is completely stock

29.2%
  3. Yes - Larger than stock tires

8.3%
  4. No - Larger than stock tires

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes - Leveling kit & stock tires

4.2%
  6. No - Leveling kit & stock tires

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Yes - Leveling kit & larger tires

45.8%
  8. No - Leveling kit & larger tires

8.3%
  1. Oct 17, 2019 at 10:04 PM
    DanielPaul

DanielPaul [OP] (0\(53)/0)

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Prescott, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4X4 TRD SR5
    Method NV Wheels, 33" Duratrac Tires, Bilstein 5100's, Amp Steps, Rough Country Bed Cover, Auto Headlight Switch, White Front Bumper Caps, TRD Grille, TRD Skid Plate, Fortin Remote Start, Toyota QI Charger Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock, LED Bed Lighting, VooDoo Bed Rack, Pendaliner Bed Liner
    I've been having issues with my traction control engaging on tight corners ever since I had my rack and pinion replaced. The shop I took it to has done multiple ZPC's ( I've also done a few at home using the paperclip method), but the issue remains. My truck does have a leveling kit and 33" tires, so the shop said I needed to return it to stock to remedy the issue. The problem I have with that is the truck had the tires and leveling kit on it prior to the rack being replaced and I never had an issue with the traction control before. So, with that in mind, have those of you with tires, leveling kits, and lifts experienced this issue?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  2. Oct 30, 2019 at 6:47 PM
    DanielPaul

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Prescott, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Method NV Wheels, 33" Duratrac Tires, Bilstein 5100's, Amp Steps, Rough Country Bed Cover, Auto Headlight Switch, White Front Bumper Caps, TRD Grille, TRD Skid Plate, Fortin Remote Start, Toyota QI Charger Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock, LED Bed Lighting, VooDoo Bed Rack, Pendaliner Bed Liner
    Thanks for the votes so far!

3. Oct 30, 2019 at 7:13 PM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    Might be clock spring but I think @osidepunker has a lot of info on this topic

osidepunker likes this.
  4. Oct 31, 2019 at 5:16 AM
    osidepunker

osidepunker OsidePunker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DC 4x4
    Full LT, full armor, fully self contained Speed Glamper
    I have the same problem after replacing steering rack. Its not your lift and tires. Its a sensor problem.

In my case I think I over-rotated my steering wheel. The zero point is supposed to center the "Steering Angle Sensor", which is located under the steering wheel. However, I don't think the system can zero the sensor if its been rotated beyond 360 deg. But I am not entirely sure.

There are two parts under the steering wheel. The Clock Spring is a wire bundle that handles the horn and steering wheel buttons. BUT I think it also has something to do with how the Steering Angle Sensor functions.

I havent dug deep into this problem yet, I've had other issues I've been working on. No matter how many times I do a Zero Point, I cant get the steering sensor values (there are multiples software values the ECU reads) to zero out. My next step is to take apart the steering wheel and inspect the sensors. I bought a new Clock Spring because its cheap and my horn doesn't work, but I'm starting to think I need a new Steering Angle Sensor, which is several hundo.

I do plan on tackling this in the next few weeks. I'll try to keep everyone posted.

See these threads and lets keep the information organized for other guys:

https://www.tundras.com/threads/veh...ely-sensitive-advanced-troubleshooting.38094/

https://www.tundras.com/threads/diy-replace-clockspring-spiral-cable-remove-steering-wheel.26741/

831Tun[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Oct 31, 2019 at 6:52 PM
    DanielPaul

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Prescott, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Good info. Keep us posted!

osidepunker likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top