1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does Jomax still make the TSS relocation bracket

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by JEHTUNDRA, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Mar 22, 2021 at 6:34 AM
    JEHTUNDRA

JEHTUNDRA [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Crewmax SR5 4x4
    I got on their website and don't see it. I'm wanting to put the older style TRD Pro grill on my 2021. I've read reviews on here that the AJT bracket works for some and some it doesnt but the Jomax one seems to work for everybody from what I'm reading.

2. Mar 22, 2021 at 6:46 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
  3. Mar 22, 2021 at 8:19 AM
    14burrito

14burrito IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Let me reach out to my buddy and get back to you

4. Mar 22, 2021 at 11:35 AM
    14burrito

14burrito IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    @JEHTUNDRA - so they have been off the site almost a year now. They have had emails trickle in with interest. I reached out with a possible solution, we shall see what the net/end could be in an effort to help everyone out.

JEHTUNDRA[OP] likes this.
  5. Mar 22, 2021 at 11:59 AM
    Mallcrl

Mallcrl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anand
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '21 DC SR5 SX
    As per an email from them 2 weeks ago, they are no longer producing them. If that is going to change, they didn't insinuate it at all.

I have the AJT relocation on my truck but usually only get about 10-20 minutes of driving before it freaks out and disables everything

6. Sep 29, 2021 at 6:37 PM
    normagene

normagene New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Normagene
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement DC Limited Texas Edition
    Texas Edition
    How’s the ajt bracket working? Still no good or has it been able to recalibrate and function properly. I’m on the fence whether or not to install the old style pro grille or just use the surround and swap my stock limited grille into the color matched surround.

Any updates on the Jomax bracket?

7. Sep 30, 2021 at 7:58 AM
    Mallcrl

Mallcrl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anand
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '21 DC SR5 SX
    Since my last post we put something in the neighborhood of 13-15k on the truck before removing the AJT relocation. Those miles included numerous 15+hr driving stints with only fuel/bathroom stops. It seemed like the truck got somewhat used to the relocation and got better, I was then able to get between 30min-2hrs before it panicked and disabled the radar cruise. I think the longest drive I got was somewhere in the neighborhood of 3hrs, but that was rare.

I ended up removing the AJT relocation when I had to switch back to my stock grille for my ARB bumper. I've put another 15k miles or so on it since the switch back to the stock grille and haven't experienced a single alert/issue. The AJT relocation got tossed in the recycling bin along with my stock bumper and plenty of other stock parts no one wanted

8. Sep 30, 2021 at 8:11 AM
    normagene

normagene New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Normagene
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement DC Limited Texas Edition
    Texas Edition
    Really appreciate your input. I emailed AJT and asked them if they’ve updated the bracket since most folks seem to have issues in reliability. Haven’t heard back from them yet but from the comparison others whom have tried both say the AJT faceplate thickness seems to be the issue.

I purchased the old style pro grille with the intention of just using the color matched surround and inserting my stock grille into it. But when I opened the box I was like wow that looks really nice. After your input I think I’ll stick to my original plan.

Not much point in using a defective bracket or a hit or miss scenario.

Thanks, you should post a picture of what your truck looks like now.

9. Sep 30, 2021 at 8:58 AM
    shawn474

shawn474 Lego connoisseur

Member:
    MoCo, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Tundra crew max TRD Off Road
    I had the same problem with the AJT bracket......did not work for me. Errors all the time and I even paid a boatload to get the sensor recalibrated thinking that may have been the issue. Wasted money. I was lucky enough to get the Jomax bracket and it hasn't given me any problems in over a year. The rain / snow still effect it but that's normal. For these reasons, I don't recommend the AJT relocation bracket to anyone.......BUT I do have pretty much all of their other products hahahaha

If you have access to some tools and sheet metal, I don't think it would be terribly hard to fabricate a bracket. Or you may be able to get creative and use some L brackets and bend them and secure to the radiator support mounting locations....

10. Sep 30, 2021 at 9:03 AM
    TRDFerguson

TRDFerguson SSEM #99/RGBA #8-ish?/It’s a funny name.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Southeast Greater Basin, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM CrüeMax
    Has anyone tried taking a belt sander to the AJT bracket and removing material to make it thinner like the Jomax one? I've got no dog in this fight since I'm running the newer style Pro grille, but I'd probably experiment with thinning down the AJT one if that was my only option.

11. Sep 30, 2021 at 9:07 AM
    shawn474

shawn474 Lego connoisseur

Member:
    MoCo, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Tundra crew max TRD Off Road
    I thought about it.....but after I was able to get the Jomax i sold the AJT (and disclosed my issues with it). I am not sure if the buyer used it or reported back as to whether or not it worked for them. I believe it is even possible to mount the sensor without using the front plate - although the purpose of the front faceplate may be to protect the sensor. I don't recall if the sensor has the actual mounting holes or if the bracket holds the sensor in place. Either way it would be easy enough to purchase a thin piece of plastic and test it out I would imagine.

TRDFerguson[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Sep 30, 2021 at 9:58 AM
    Mallcrl

Mallcrl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anand
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '21 DC SR5 SX
    Here's a photo from last month at AT Overland just after getting the topper installed.... I have been very surprised that the ARB spotties and the bumper itself hasn't caused an error with the OEM sensor location, but it has been solid for about 13k miles

[​IMG]

normagene[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Sep 30, 2021 at 10:06 AM
    MadMaxCanon

MadMaxCanon New Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '21 CM SR5 4x4 6 seater
    Too many, but not enough....
    never get used to how amazingly huge and tanklike that arb bumper is

Products Discussed in