1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do y'all think this bumper would work.....

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by November Sun, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Sep 1, 2020 at 6:33 PM
    November Sun

November Sun [OP] New Member

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max
    Pro Comp 7" Stage 1 Lift, 20" Fuel Wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, King 2.5's, Custom Alcan Leafs, Coachbuilder Steering Kit, CBI Baja Front Bumper, NSV Light Bar, TRD Pro Intake, Southeast States Wireless Phone Charger Coachbuilder Plus 3 Shackles, Wheeler's Bumpstops, BAM 8" Exhaust, BAM Bomb Tip, Headlight Revolution LEDs everywhere, Warn EVO 12K Winch, Diode Dynamics SAE Fogs and Combo Light Bar
    On my 18 Limited specifically with the Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor? I can't tell from the pics if it will obstruct the sensor. It doesn't look like it would clear an 18 and up TRD Pro Grill with TSS. What do the experts think?

I want to pull the trigger on this but don't want to have to relocate everything.

sanddunes-2-scaled.jpg
    sanddunes-12-scaled.jpg

2. Sep 1, 2020 at 6:40 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    I think without those 2 amber lights it would work. Looks like the bar is above the sensor. You could always glue the sensor on the lower part of the buldge......right in that space between the amber lights, just don't block that area. I remember reading that 2 members mounted theirs like that.

Black Wolf likes this.
  3. Sep 1, 2020 at 6:43 PM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    That bar is right between the PRO sensor and all the others. I wouldn't be surprised if it worked for both, or failed for both. What manufacturer? It's an attractive bumper.

4. Sep 1, 2020 at 6:43 PM
    November Sun

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max
    Pro Comp 7" Stage 1 Lift, 20" Fuel Wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, King 2.5's, Custom Alcan Leafs, Coachbuilder Steering Kit, CBI Baja Front Bumper, NSV Light Bar, TRD Pro Intake, Southeast States Wireless Phone Charger Coachbuilder Plus 3 Shackles, Wheeler's Bumpstops, BAM 8" Exhaust, BAM Bomb Tip, Headlight Revolution LEDs everywhere, Warn EVO 12K Winch, Diode Dynamics SAE Fogs and Combo Light Bar

Currently, I have the Limited grill where the sensor is higher in the grill, mine looks to be almost dead center where that grill in the pic says toyota

5. Sep 1, 2020 at 6:45 PM
    November Sun

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max
    It's CBI Offroad, I think they just released it today, and, it's on sale until tomorrow.

From the side pic it almost looks like it would clear mine.

6. Sep 1, 2020 at 6:48 PM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    It depends on the angle that the sensor is looking out. It's not just a straight line out from the emblem, but rather a field of view like what a camera has. If that bar is out far enough to be in it's cone, then you may have errors.

7. Sep 1, 2020 at 6:54 PM
    November Sun

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max
    Those lights look like BD LP6's, I'm gonna get the specs and see if I can get a measurement and measure the height of my sensor.

8. Sep 1, 2020 at 7:00 PM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    If the vertical red is your sensor and the blue is the POV, then you are good, but if the lower red is the lower POV you are boned.

upload_2020-9-1_19-59-11.jpg

9. Sep 1, 2020 at 7:02 PM
    RobertD

RobertD SSEM#123, ASCM#4 "I call it Vera" ~Jayne Cobb

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blazing Blue SR5 4x4 Crewmax
    Wow. They provide 0 information on their website about that bumper lol took awhile to find it as well. It looks good. And as others have said, if it gives you issues it's an easy fix. I say go for it!

COTundra23 likes this.
  10. Sep 1, 2020 at 7:07 PM
    November Sun

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max
    Do we know the field of view of the sensor?

11. Sep 1, 2020 at 7:22 PM
    November Sun

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max
    Going by the specs of the LP6 light which is 7.2 inches high from where it mounts, then and about another 3 1/2 inches it just might clear. The middle of the sensor on the limited grill is roughly 11 to 12 inches high. Who knows, I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.

12. Sep 1, 2020 at 7:35 PM
    Hightide

Hightide SSEM #88 - 3MW - ASCM #2 RGBA#Q

Member:
    First Name:
    chadington von banks
    Abalama
    Vehicle:
    Magic School Bus
    Posi-traction 4 on the floor Fuzzy dice
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    YeeYeeTundra likes this.
  13. Sep 1, 2020 at 7:37 PM
    November Sun

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max

Their sale ends tomorrow.

Hightide[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Sep 1, 2020 at 7:42 PM
    Hightide

Hightide SSEM #88 - 3MW - ASCM #2 RGBA#Q

Member:
    First Name:
    chadington von banks
    Abalama
    Vehicle:
    Magic School Bus
    Posi-traction 4 on the floor Fuzzy dice
    Meh. They’ll have more sales.

Gears are next for me.

15. Sep 1, 2020 at 7:43 PM
    November Sun

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max
    Yeah, It's only 5% off anyway, shipping is going to kill me anyway.

Hightide[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Sep 3, 2020 at 5:57 PM
    November Sun

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max
    I went ahead and ordered it. The guy who's truck is in the picture said it did not affect his radar sensor. If it does on my Limited, I'll just swap to the pro grill. It's gonna be a long wait til late November. lol

COTundra23 and Hightide like this.
  17. Sep 24, 2020 at 6:28 AM
    COTundra23

COTundra23 New Member

Member:
    What is their lead time? I was looking at these last night. It's top 3 for me.

18. Sep 24, 2020 at 7:03 AM
    November Sun

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max
    I ordered it on 02 Sep. and they gave me a delivery date of 27 Nov. I guess they're building to order.

19. Sep 24, 2020 at 7:13 AM
    Zero One Actual

Zero One Actual Member among Members

Member:
    I am not endorsed or paid by any company at all. I’m just a dude. But I would highly consider looking into the C4 Fabrications Tundra bumpers and talking to @Truck Brigade about pricing and shipping.

The C4 is a known company here on the forum with instal videos on YouTube and multiple Tundra owners already knowing that the bumper works with TSS and winches and light bars etc. I would hate for you to wait only to find issues with this bumper because of a five percent sale. Other companies have done this like Victory 4x4 with their bumpers and things didn’t line up or holes were in the wrong place, etc.

Additionally, looking at those photos, that hoop is directly in the way of the sensor and there is no way you won’t have issues with that hoop causing errors.

I would cancel that order and get the C4. This bumper appears to be a copy anyways. Again, no affiliation with any company or anything. Just saving some potential pain in the future for you.

Truck Brigade likes this.
  20. Sep 24, 2020 at 9:24 AM
    November Sun

Member:
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Crew Max

I hear ya, I'm buying based on my experience with a CBI 3rd Gen 4Runner bumper I had, It was stout and very good quality. I agree, it looks very similar to the C4, so I'm hoping that the hoop doesn't give me too much trouble with the TSS, if it does I'll do a sensor relocation. I'll be a test mule for the look I want.

21. Sep 24, 2020 at 9:59 AM
    tictac20

tictac20 New Member

Member:
    That looks like a bumper that tacotwonz (on YouTube) on their tundra. Could ask them about how it works with sensor.

22. Sep 24, 2020 at 10:48 AM
    dorton

dorton #RockCreekOverland

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black Tundra SR5
    CBI Off Road Front Bumper, Rock Sliders, Skids, and Bed Rack. Prinsu Designs Roof Rack, CVT Hybrid Rainier Tent, Old Man Emu lift, Fuel Vectors, Yokhama 305/70r18s
    The bumper pictured does work with the radar cruise. I went with the full headlight and grill protection from them, after being incredibly
    pleased with all the CBI components I installed on my 3rd gen Taco prior to the Tundra. I'll have pics of it on my truck in a few weeks
    hopefully.

Pic is not Tundy, but is CBI on my Taco related:

[​IMG]

COTundra23 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top