1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Disappointed Customer

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by OceanSkyWolf, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Feb 10, 2018 at 5:45 PM
    OceanSkyWolf

OceanSkyWolf [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM CM
    Hello fellow Tundra owners, tonight I tried to install Hikari LEDs (H8/H9) onto the stock headlights and when I removed stock bulb I saw it was a three prong connection and on the LEDs it was not so I stopped there with that. I also tried to install LED side markers that were sold specifically for the 17 Tundra.. they didn’t fit in, probably could of forced it in but didn’t want to damage anything. Then I installed switchback LEDs with the resistors (6 ohm) kit that it came with and..... you guessed it, didn’t work DRL are amber and are white when lights are on. Can anybody help me out? Switchback and sidemarkers are from diode dynamics and I’ve used them in the past.

2. Feb 10, 2018 at 6:00 PM
    OceanSkyWolf

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM CM
    With the truck off and parking lights on the DRL are white but when I Turn on the truck it goes to Amber

3. Feb 10, 2018 at 6:09 PM
    mallen88

mallen88 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Super White Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD Crewmax
    Window Tint 15% Stubby antenna LED headlights LED fog lights LED taillights LED drl/park/turn lights LED interior lights LED light strip in hood bulge Plasma Glow Firestorm tailgate light strip Tailgate letter inserts 8" BAMuffler Bedrug Tyger Star Armor steps White vinyl wrapped front grille and hood bulge White vinyl wrapped rear bumper ends White vinyl wrapped front bumper ends White vinyl wrapped mirror caps Icon Six Speed 17” wheels 315/70r17 Falken Wildpeaks Fog light mod (on with parking lights, low & high beams) Eibach Pro lift 3” w/coachbuilder .5” spacers Proform Fabrication 1.5” rear shackles ESP under seat storage Cali Raised ditch light brackets w/ double 4" amazon led lights Flush mount rear led lights in rear bumper Platinum/1794 headlight assemblies Off-road town rgb rock lights Proclip phone mount
    The headlight bulbs are hb2, 9003, h4. The switchbacks are working as the bulb itself was designed. The drl uses the blinker circuit which is the amber side of the bulb. If you have your headlights or parking lights on it will switch to amber with the turn signal. The side marker bulbs should be a 194 bulb.

Black Wolf likes this.
  4. Feb 10, 2018 at 6:13 PM
    OceanSkyWolf

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM CM
    Thanks, I had for the H8/H9 for when I got the spyders but decided not to get spyders and save for the 18 headlights.

Products Discussed in

To Top