1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dirty Deeds - BAMuffler 8"

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by chiz44, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Nov 6, 2021 at 8:32 PM
    chiz44

chiz44 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM SR5 TRD Off Road
    Wow! I just picked up an only 4 month old BAMuffler today from another member on this forum. HOLY CRAP! I am so excited. I drove about two and a half hours to meet him, purchase said muffler, turn back and head home. My plan was to get all the yard work done for the weekend today, so I'd have lots of time tomorrow to work on this exhaust swap. After my son and I put away the Halloween decorations, we figured we'd go watch the videos to see how to prepare for the install tomorrow. After seeing a couple people's vids and hearing it only takes about an hour, we decided to do the work tonight, and OH MY GOD! I could not be happier with the results so far. I say "so far" because I will need a new rear exhaust gasket as the original one disintegrated on removal. But I will have a replacement here tomorrow. Since I will be removing the rear tail pipe, I will install the resonator at that time. But, I already took it out for while this evening and I can't stop grinning.

I was worried that the 8" would be too loud, but it is not. I was back and forth between wanting the 8" or the 10" and then I saw the sale that @dirtydeeds was having right now. And THEN I saw that the fellow member here was selling an 8" one and he doesn't live all that far away, and the price was within my budget AND I could have it this weekend, I figured it must have been meant to be.

Install was very straight forward. I got it home, cleaned the dust off of it, bolted it up and I am just enamored with the quality and attention to detail that Keith Carty and his team put into this product. I mean it is SOLID, and the welds are spectacular. (I know it "just goes under your truck," but as a craftsman, I pay attention to these things) The hangers are top notch metal fab in the design, not just an afterthought tacked on. And the finish is still rather dark paint all around, so no need for any type of touch ups or anything.

The sound has a bit of a bark on cold start, mellows quickly, and is almost quiet at idle. Not that I am complaining, because when you step on the gas, it lets out this mellow roar that is really not like other brands of mufflers. Hard to explain. Only thing I can KIND OF compare it to is a friend's brand new (at the time) '98 V8 Camaro that had a Borla exhaust.

Throttle response seems to actually be slightly quicker. And I seem to have regained a bit of the power and speed that was lost when I put the larger tires on last month. I mean, it truly feels like a different truck now...again. And I mean that in a very positive way.

I guess I'll post a comparison picture, since without pictures of something, it didn't happen.
    IMG_8214.jpg
    I was going to post a short video here as well, but I have no idea on how to do that, (error not allowed file type) I'll work on that. But for now you'll just have to trust me on this. It sounds amazing. Kudos to Keith and the team at Dirty Deeds Industries for this product. And thanks to the guy that sold his Tundra, but was wise enough to remove the BAMuffler before trading it in.

2. Nov 6, 2021 at 9:53 PM
    MadMaxCanon

MadMaxCanon New Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '21 CM SR5 4x4 6 seater
    Too many, but not enough....
    Glad you like it man! I'm getting my 10 put on at Keith's shop next weekend I'm super stoked.

biebs96, dirtydeeds and chiz44[OP] like this.
  3. Nov 6, 2021 at 10:04 PM
    LarryDangerfield

LarryDangerfield Put me in coach! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Cement 2020 Trail Limo off-road Tacoma
    Tuxmat floor mats, Bilstein 6112s and 5160s
    :muscleflexing:

4. Nov 6, 2021 at 10:07 PM
    66Platinum

66Platinum New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Salinas Valley CA
    Vehicle:
    20 Platinum MGM
    Congratulations brother! Did you install with the resonator?

5. Nov 7, 2021 at 6:47 AM
    chiz44

chiz44 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Not yet. When the gasket arrives today, I'll be removing the tailpipe to put the new gasket in, so that will allow me to paint the tail tip black, and install the resonator at that time.

dirtydeeds likes this.
  6. Nov 7, 2021 at 6:52 AM
    chiz44

chiz44 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    They are the best sounding exhausts I have heard for out trucks, hands down. You will not regret it.

7. Nov 7, 2021 at 7:57 AM
    dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds Exhaust Fabricator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    more than I can list here
    Awesome review!! Thank you for posting. Email with your address and Shawna will send you some stickers. DirtyDeedsIndustries@gmail.com

1lowlife, AZBoatHauler and MARanger like this.
  8. Nov 7, 2021 at 7:58 AM
    dirtydeeds

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    Thanks!!

1lowlife likes this.
  9. Nov 7, 2021 at 7:58 AM
    dirtydeeds

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    Felpro 60461 at any auto parts store works.

1lowlife likes this.
  10. Nov 7, 2021 at 5:47 PM
    chiz44

chiz44 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    update...
    Got the gasket today. I mocked up the resonator and marked it with "soapstone" ;). Then I removed the tailpipe section, took the opportunity with it off to scuff up the end, and paint with high heat spray paint. Then I used my 2" holesaw to punch through the pipe. It was a little bit nerve wracking, but really, not that bad once done, like less than 2 minutes later. Then, once the tip was dried, I re-snaked the pipe under the truck and over the rear axle, with the help of my son. Once I had him able to hold the whole section into position in conjunction with the single hanger, I placed the new gasket in the new muffler section, slid the tailpipe over the connection, twisted it gently until the tailpipe was in the angle that I wanted it to be in. Then tightened down the clamp that goes over the pipe connection at the rear of muffler. SOUNDS JUST AS AMAZING!!! I didn't really recognize any difference in the sound as I drove to the store and about today, but I have not been on the highway or even over 55mph yet. I will probably update as I am able to make some higher speed runs in the next couple days. But it still sounds fantastic around town and through the neighborhood.

11. Nov 7, 2021 at 7:50 PM
    66Platinum

66Platinum New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angel
    Salinas Valley CA
    Vehicle:
    20 Platinum MGM
    Sweet!!! Keep us posted

dirtydeeds likes this.
  12. Nov 7, 2021 at 8:54 PM
    1lowlife

1lowlife Toxic prick and pavement princess..

Member:
    First Name:
    DADA
    THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DC SR5
    dirtydeeds[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Nov 8, 2021 at 6:28 PM
    chiz44

chiz44 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Quick Update...
    Was able to finally get onto the freeway today, pulled real nice, and sounded great on the onramp. Got up to about 72mph and experienced no drone. Now, to be fair, I did not make it to those speeds let alone sustained speeds WITHOUT the resonator. But I can report that with the resonator installed I experienced no drone. I tried to hold speeds at 62, 68, 72 and there was nothing to report except the sweet, sweet music from the exhaust. I repeated the same on the way home with windows down, and had the same experience.

In other exciting news: I received a call today from none other than Keith Carty himself! He was returning a call from a voicemail I left asking about warranty concerns if I bought a slightly used system. Folks... he is the real deal. We chatted for a bit and after I explained that I did buy and installed it already, he asked if or what I would want to change to. I said absolutely nothing! I am so pleased with the product, and even more so for the customer service I received, for a product that I didn't even purchase from him. BUT, he obviously, knows that somebody made that purchase back in July, and he was still willing to stand behind his product. That simply meant the world to me and my 12 year old son who is learning all about mechanical technologies as well as customer service and doing what's right. Needless to say, any future purchase requirements that can be done through @dirtydeeds by me, will be. He's earned a customer by simply reaching out via a 7minute phone call.

The world is filled with amazing people. Go out with an open mind and meet some of them. You won't regret it!

Products Discussed in

To Top