1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dillon Square Deal B issue

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Nowhereman, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Aug 6, 2021 at 6:32 AM
    Nowhereman

Nowhereman [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Monterey Bay area
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra SR5 / TRD / Cement
    Rough Country shocks, ReTrax cover, Summo springs, black out badging, bed extender, "some other things I can't mention"
    Got in the mood to produce a few rounds for my 9mms and ran into an issue with my Dillon.
    For some reason it wouldn't seat primers more than half way in and that is a real day ruin-er.
    Tore the primer assembly section apart and noticed that the total primer assembly was to the low side height for the cup.
    I also noticed the white control rod that regulates the primer tube drop had a few casting ridges in it when it should of been smooth completely.
    800 grit cloth on the rod and I adjusted the cup assembly to top spec 1..410 inches and she started to produce nice 9mm loads like clock work.
    If you have a primer feed issue in your Dillon, take a look at thee two things.

IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2329.jpg
    IMG_2331.jpg

NewImprovedRon, 831Tun and 81 TOY like this.
  2. Aug 6, 2021 at 7:25 AM
    eick

eick New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 CrewMax TRD Off Road
    Wish I still had my sdb with ammo prices lol

I have a Lee turret press and only do rifle rounds because when I sold my sdb ‘ammo is so cheap for pistol why bother’. Ooops

is this a new Dillon or an older one? I’d hate to see their quality control suffer if they’re trying to get more units out the door

3. Aug 6, 2021 at 8:17 AM
    hagrid

hagrid The most diverse of Diversity Hires!

Member:
    First Name:
    Spraynard
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    K1600GTL ZX-14R
    paynuss stretchers
    Definitely call them. They're the kind of folks that insist on hearing quality issues immediately.

4. Aug 6, 2021 at 8:27 AM
    Nowhereman

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Monterey Bay area
    Vehicle:
    Rough Country shocks, ReTrax cover, Summo springs, black out badging, bed extender, "some other things I can't mention"
    Yeah they are very good about quality control so this is a shock but, nothing I couldn't adjust quickly and adjustment is the norm with auto loaders.
    The B model is a new one. Manual shell feed and bullet placement.
    Everything else is auto.
    I like it a lot, with a person doing the shell loading, you can push out a shit ton of rounds quickly.
    The powder drop is super accurate with #5 and the seating depth is right on with all kinds of brass manufactures. (I have four different 9mm brass mfg.)

5. Aug 6, 2021 at 8:29 AM
    Nowhereman

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Monterey Bay area
    Vehicle:
    One thing that irked me was the mounting holes for the stand were off by 1/8 inch to the locations of the press.
    I just opened the stand holes up a bit and it went together fine.
    That I should call them on.

6. Aug 6, 2021 at 8:30 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    Thanks, ran into this issue recently with my neighbors Dillon.

7. Sep 4, 2021 at 4:31 AM
    mley1

mley1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Limited Crew Max
    Gotta love a Dillon Square Deal B. I use mine for .45acp and 9mm. The priming system took me a minute to figure out when switching from the lpp to the spp. Switching the tubes was easy, but I had to adjust that little set screw as well to ensure the primer slide came back perfectly centered under the primers. The SDB is a great loader though. I can whip out several hundred rounds in no time.

Have ya'll been having trouble finding primers, powder, bullets? It's been a while since I've looked. I stocked up back in 2019, pre-covid. So, haven't needed to look. Was just wondering if the shortage is still rough.

8. Sep 4, 2021 at 9:57 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    Yeah, took a couple to get .45 acp brass from Starline and primers have been really tough too

9. Sep 4, 2021 at 10:07 AM
    mley1

mley1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Limited Crew Max
    The last primers I got were from a private individual, early 2020. I'm stocked up pretty good right now for everything. I started shooting .22lr a lot more early this spring, and have been enjoying that rather than burn up my supply of ammo and components. Even doing that I still try to shoot a couple hundred each of the .45acp and 9mm per month to keep in practice.

I have a good stash of 5.56 still because I stocked up. Early this spring I was having some driveway work done, and misestimated how much crushed concrete I was going to need. I contracted with a one man company, and luckily he turned out to be a shooter. I traded him some 5.56 ammo for 6 loads of crushed concrete. It's the first time I've ever used ammunition like currency, but it worked quite well for our situation.

Gravy and 831Tun[QUOTED] like this.
  10. Oct 17, 2021 at 6:18 AM
    Nowhereman

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Monterey Bay area
    Vehicle:
    Update since my last post with the SDB loader.
    Last week, I finally received my 45 acp die set after almost a two month wait.
    Mind you, you pay up front before you receive them.
    Anyway, I said a small prayer of thank you then a few days after receiving the 45 die set, I get ANOTHER 45 acp die set in the mail.
    Sweet baby Jesus, I should of been sayin small prayers long ago when I wanted a few other things.

mley1 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top