1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Diamondback Tonneau Cover

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by jeffw6236, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Mar 24, 2018 at 4:22 AM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Sounds about right the downward spiral of spending and reaccumulating the toys u once had and sacrificed to make adult decisions. Sounds like me. It's time to get them toys back lol.

Yup if I was u I'd bring my dog crate and pay them a visit. Right there on site u can see if it makes sense or not. Take guessing out of it. Good luck.

Ps ur not the only 1 I'm spending their money and a bad influence on.

2. Mar 24, 2018 at 5:30 AM
    Beerdude77

Beerdude77 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver Sky Tundra Limited TRD CM
    Linex bed, "Toyota" Console Safe
  3. Mar 24, 2018 at 5:42 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    what changed on the 18?

4. Mar 24, 2018 at 5:43 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    @smooosh @Beerdude77 Maybe we'll finally have a few people in the triangle who are on here??

smooosh likes this.
  5. Mar 24, 2018 at 5:46 AM
    Beerdude77

Beerdude77 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    @kurtwp I go to Charlotte all the time and plan on going down in April, let me know if you put this up for sale and we can talk. I plan to purchase one in the next 2 weeks. Thanks

6. Mar 24, 2018 at 5:49 AM
    Beerdude77

Beerdude77 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    From my understanding the one that would fit my 18 is the 14 and up model based on what I've read on their website

7. Mar 24, 2018 at 5:51 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    weird, i thought the beds were identical between 2nd and 3rd gen. If you're interested, I'd probably call Diamondback to see what the changes are.

8. Mar 24, 2018 at 6:06 AM
    Beerdude77

Beerdude77 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Good point. Since I was wanting the HD anyway I'll have to see what our Charlotte neighbor decides to do with his HD first lol. BTW I lived in Durham for 10 years, I cant believe how much traffic is there now after having not been there for the past 5 years.

9. Mar 24, 2018 at 6:11 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    Yeah, I moved here 10 years ago when it was a spunky little town... Now it's full of hipsters & granola crunchers. So bizarre that Chapel Hill is now the cheaper, more down to earth town out of the two of them. Still, central NC is a pretty cool part of the world

Beerdude77[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Mar 25, 2018 at 12:00 AM
    rexxwood

rexxwood New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    REXX
    The Couve Vancouver Wa
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra 4x4 5.7 limited CrewMax with Premium package in Cement
    From the dealer: 305/65/R18 around Black Rhino Armory 18x9.5 Gunmetal 3" lift Linex amp research power steps My pocket: Thinkware F800 PRO front and rear dash cams with Cellink battery matched rear front window tint with visor
    I had one on my last tundra and would not buy again cc not up to my standards the edges along the length of the bed did not line up (Off by over a quarter inch) I received the first one the weather stripping was torn to shit broken plastic bushings for the lock bars sent it back and it was a pain in the ass to crate it up to send back I received the second one not any better. the one in the picture on the web site is perfect but thats not real life thats the magic of photoshopWFT.jpg rubsandskuff.jpg over.25off.jpg lazy.jpg Both sides off.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  11. Mar 25, 2018 at 6:35 AM
    hi_rawb

hi_rawb New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    rob
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2018 CM TRD SPORT 4x4
    2018 Trd Sport
    Daym! That’s sucks!! Did you send the second one back?

12. Mar 25, 2018 at 8:33 AM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    Mine's not like that, it's only off by 1/8" but I expect it because the centre portion is clamped down hard.

If you're not putting stuff on top of the DB often, I think a Leer cap is more practical. My wife says no, whenever she sees those, she thinks it's some retired guy driving.

fyi, just installed bike racks on my DB without drilling any holes. Use Thule 300 rain gutters clamped to the tie downs, and LB65 bars. We have Yakima FrontLoaders and the whole bike fits (no removing front tire). I'll have pics in the summer when we're pulling our travel trailer.

I completely forgot about driving with one of the sides folded all the way over, if I need to, and using a towel, thanks kurtwp!

13. Mar 25, 2018 at 10:33 AM
    rexxwood

rexxwood New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    REXX
    The Couve Vancouver Wa
    Vehicle:
    From the dealer: 305/65/R18 around Black Rhino Armory 18x9.5 Gunmetal 3" lift Linex amp research power steps My pocket: Thinkware F800 PRO front and rear dash cams with Cellink battery matched rear front window tint with visor

This is what Im talking about when I say that quality control sucks look at the weld its horrible for nearly two thousand dollars I expect way better

jrjordan likes this.
  14. Mar 25, 2018 at 11:10 AM
    Borgs

Borgs New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Limited Crew TRD Off-Road
    Pro Grill and Bulge TRD sway BAK MX4 Tonneau
    I think this is the first complaint I have ever heard about Diamondback. So I assume they didn't address your concerns?

15. Mar 25, 2018 at 11:24 AM
    rexxwood

rexxwood New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    REXX
    The Couve Vancouver Wa
    Vehicle:
    I don't sugar coat shit, if its black I will tell you its black! They tried to make it right but the 2nd one was just as bad as the first. How many do I have to go through before I get a good one? You don't take it back to a store you have to recrate it go to a freight company and send it back. I have better things to do with my time its not my job to perform quality control. They send out shit and what percent of people call them on it. I do like the looks and durability of Diamond back thats why I bought it. Look at any picture on a mounted cover on any truck they don't line up but go to the web site and look at the sales photo its like a straight edge. They told me it was not mounted correctly I assembled it on level concrete without any better results I told them their jig was worn out.
    Another thing try and leave a review on their web site first you have to hunt down where then it won't post I even called they said it must be your browser well I run Opra and Chrom neither one worked.

2018TundraLimited likes this.
  16. Mar 25, 2018 at 11:36 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    I'm not saying he don't have a valid issue and yes they cost more than most covers but I also feel u get more. Mine is free of defect and the 1 issue i had due to my atv tires being too big diamondback resolved it and sent me step lifts for free to resolve the issue. It wasn't even their fault or design that caused me to have an issue. It was my atv and it's huge oversized tires. However, upon finding out i had an issue they solved it for free without me even asking. Now that's going above and beyond customer service.

NoMoTaco and hi_rawb like this.
  17. Mar 25, 2018 at 11:43 AM
    rexxwood

rexxwood New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    REXX
    The Couve Vancouver Wa
    Vehicle:
    I would like to see a picture looking down the length of your truck bed from rear to front and if it lines up like the picture on their wed site I will give you a night with my sister

mgm16trdpro[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Mar 25, 2018 at 11:44 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    20180325_143912.jpg Here's how mine lines up. The part that bolts down is ever so slightly below the other 2 sides but I'd expect it since that's the part that secures cover to rails. It don't bother me, I never even noticed until ur pic. On mine it looks fine, on yours it does look a bit off.

NewImprovedRon and hi_rawb like this.
  19. Mar 25, 2018 at 11:46 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Here u go Rexx. I do agree with ya, mine does look better than yours.20180325_143912.jpg

Bones2012 likes this.
  20. Mar 25, 2018 at 11:48 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Now how bout that night lol

21. Mar 25, 2018 at 11:50 AM
    rexxwood

rexxwood New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    REXX
    The Couve Vancouver Wa
    Vehicle:
    Its off not as bad as mine but not even close to the quality of the sales (photo shopped) picture!
    If i received your cover I probably would not be on a rant right now

mgm16trdpro[QUOTED] likes this.
  22. Mar 25, 2018 at 11:54 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I'm guessing maybe in the sales photo it might not be tightened down? I'm guessing if mine wasnt tightened down and tightened down real tight, it would be perfectly straight. Again, I'm not saying u don't have a reason to be upset. I'm just giving my experience, the product and customer service were great to me. I will agree with ya on spending a small fortune though, especially my particular setup.

23. Mar 25, 2018 at 2:01 PM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    I'm not posting my DB line pics until I see a pic of Rex's sister but mine sits just like mgm16trdpro's.

I wouldn't be happy if my weather stripping looked like that though.

24. Mar 25, 2018 at 2:28 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    It's gonna have to be perfect for him to honor his proposal. I'm guessing my cover alignment was just not good enough for him to set me up lol.

hi_rawb and NewImprovedRon like this.
  25. Mar 25, 2018 at 2:46 PM
    rexxwood

rexxwood New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    REXX
    The Couve Vancouver Wa
    Vehicle:

ok ok here 555.555.4377 [​IMG]

JoshuaA likes this.
  26. Mar 25, 2018 at 3:28 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax

That a boy, paying up on ur bets, I appreciate u being a man of ur word. Now where was that number, I got a call to make now.

27. Mar 26, 2018 at 4:25 AM
    NoMoTaco

NoMoTaco New Member

Member:
    Bluffton SC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra DC TRD OR Silver
    Talking about not lining up! No one is lining up for her. Whoa!

mgm16trdpro likes this.
  28. Mar 27, 2018 at 10:04 PM
    hi_rawb

hi_rawb New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    rob
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2018 CM TRD SPORT 4x4
    2018 Trd Sport
    Bwhaha!

29. Mar 27, 2018 at 10:05 PM
    hi_rawb

hi_rawb New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    rob
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2018 CM TRD SPORT 4x4
    2018 Trd Sport
    My DB IS COMING TOMORROW between 11am to 3pm!! F*%# YEAHHH!!! Gotta use a sick day! Cough cough!!

30. Mar 28, 2018 at 9:57 AM
    NoMoTaco

NoMoTaco New Member

Member:
    Bluffton SC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra DC TRD OR Silver
    April 13th ship date. They now ship with black powder coated hinges? Nice

Thanks mgm16trdpro for gazzilion photos you have posted. Answered a lot of questions I didn’t have to ask.

hi_rawb likes this.
To Top