1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Detailing season is coming

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by dondino, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Feb 12, 2023 at 11:16 AM
    dondino

dondino [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    don
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tunda Crewmax
    Up here in NW Pa. we have to wait a hell of a long time to start detailing, for obvious reasons. I have a bunch of stuff I'm going to buy to do things the right way and am looking forward to getting a Bissell extractor, and a McCulogh steamer to aid in my quest for a clean vehicle. I've got a lot more stuff that I need but am going to have to do it a little at a time. I am still having a hard time deciding if I want to stick with one brand of product or mix n match. What do you guys do for product (s)? Man I cant wait to get at it....

2. Feb 13, 2023 at 6:16 AM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    I have a mix of brands/products. At one time, I had about 20 different brands....now I think I'm down to 10 (or so). Starting to like Gyeon...started with a coating and have added a detail spray and car soap. I get the bulk of my stuff from Autogeek, Autopia and Detailed Image. The only down side to them is that they do not carry Bilt Hamber products....which is a line I'm also getting familiar with. It can be tough to stay with one brand, when there are so many to choose from

3. Feb 14, 2023 at 1:48 PM
    Ginsterkev

Ginsterkev Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2019 tundra Trd pro supercharged
    Tvs1900 magnuson blower Team rxp catch can Wescott designs collar lift on fox factory suspension Front and rear TRD sway bars
    Fellow Pennsylvanian here I mix and match we have a place right down the street called the clean garage and they carry everything and I mean everything they have a great showroom full of stuff and I personally mix and match everything from chemical guys to p&s double black I like the IK spray bottles and foamers and I use the MTM foam cannon and wand for the pressure washer and just picked up the under carriage pressure washer from mtm as well...... so I say mix and match

dondino[OP] likes this.
  4. May 22, 2023 at 11:26 AM
    dondino

dondino [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    don
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tunda Crewmax
    Finally warm enough to clean my carpets and I got to use my new Bissell Little Green Pet Pro plus extractor. I got this directly from Bissell as it comes with multiple attachments and two bottles of carpet cleaner. The price was 164.00 for the whole thing with free shipping. Plus they make a 10.00 donation to a pet shelter. This thing is really powerful and cleaned the carpets just like on the Detail Geek. I don't mean to say I'm as good as him, but the extractor really worked well. For those of you on the fence about one of these, go for it. You won't be sorry.

Ginsterkev likes this.
  5. May 22, 2023 at 4:20 PM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    So...you're in the Allentown area? Clean Garage sells some of the best detailing products available....Bilt Hamber, Koch Chemie, Gyeon, IGL to name a handful. I wish there was one of those near me. I highly recommend Bilt Hamber Touchless as a pre-soak and Surfex HD as an APC. You're lucky to live so close to it.

Ginsterkev[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. May 22, 2023 at 4:22 PM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    The Detail Geek does nothing special.....I've been watching his stuff since he started. He has done a great job marketing himself, but as a detailer, he's average....trust me

dondino[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  7. May 22, 2023 at 4:30 PM
    Ginsterkev

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Tvs1900 magnuson blower Team rxp catch can Wescott designs collar lift on fox factory suspension Front and rear TRD sway bars
    Yeah im right outside of allentown I'm literally maybe 10 min from the clean garage with traffic, the place is awesome and there prices are very fair if not even a little better then what I have seen online I will look into what you just mentioned always looking for new things to try

8. May 22, 2023 at 4:37 PM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    Surfex HD is the most versatile APC I've used, and I've tried several. Even thought it's price per gallon seems a little high, it is highly dilutable, making it a very good value.

Ginsterkev[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. May 22, 2023 at 5:48 PM
    Ginsterkev

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Well I just stocked up on 2 gallons of the brake buster and mud buster that I have been using a 50/50 mix of and then a diluted rate of around 5:1 and I use it in an Ik battery operated pump foam sprayer and it's been working really well for tires and fender well and suspension and what not however I will try what you said when I
    Am getting close to running out of my current stock,

IMG_2460.jpg
    IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

Sundog likes this.
  10. May 23, 2023 at 1:09 AM
    dondino

dondino [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    don
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tunda Crewmax
    That IK foam cannon looks sweet. My wife has been asking me what I want for fathers day. Now I know. I looked at the Clean Garage web site. I sure wish we had something like that over here in Erie. Looks like a great place, and I could see spending plenty of money there.

Ginsterkev likes this.
  11. May 23, 2023 at 3:10 AM
    Ginsterkev

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    That would be a great Father's Day gift, they do ship !

dondino[OP] likes this.
  12. May 26, 2023 at 3:00 AM
    dondino

dondino [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    don
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tunda Crewmax
    My wife got me the foam cannon, not the battery one but the pump version. Can't wait to try it out.

Ginsterkev likes this.
  13. May 26, 2023 at 3:24 AM
    Ginsterkev

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    That's great man and if you ever need or want the battery operated one all you have to do is buy the battery and pump and add it on.....

14. May 26, 2023 at 3:25 AM
    Ginsterkev

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Battery and pump

IMG_2475.jpg

Saltyhero13 likes this.
  15. May 26, 2023 at 6:53 AM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    Which model did she get you? I believe that the battery pack is only compatible with the IK Foam Pro 12. I have a foam pro 12, and charge it to 40 psi with a Ryobi battery powered air pump. With that much pressure in it, I can get all the way around my CrewMax. Right now, I can not justify the additional 155.00 for the IK battery pack.

dondino[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  16. May 26, 2023 at 11:16 AM
    Saltyhero13

Saltyhero13 Throbbing Member

Member:
    Fuel delete mod Cup holder upgrade
    That is what I was doing. These are limited to 36 PSI from what I understand, with the convenience of leaving them on to charge the pump.

17. May 26, 2023 at 12:11 PM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    A continuous pressure of 36 psi is more than sufficient to give you decent foam. I use mine to apply Bilt Hamber Touchless as a pre-soak....and get very good foam out of it

18. May 26, 2023 at 1:02 PM
    Saltyhero13

Saltyhero13 Throbbing Member

Member:
    Fuel delete mod Cup holder upgrade
    Yes. I don't know how quick they charge up but the pump size is decent and comparable to other battery air pumps. You don't have to stop to charge the canister is the big advantage however I haven't installed mine to test.

19. May 26, 2023 at 8:29 PM
    Boxerdog

Boxerdog New Member

Member:

how do you use the mudbuster amd why do you like it?

20. May 27, 2023 at 1:40 AM
    dondino

dondino [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    don
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tunda Crewmax
    She got me the Foam Pro 12. Good to hear that I can go battery if I want to, and also good to hear that I should be able to make it around my CM also.

Ginsterkev likes this.
  21. May 27, 2023 at 7:51 AM
    Ginsterkev

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Well the mud buster and the brake buster to me are really nothing more then an all purpose cleaner that really work well on wheels and tires, it gets rid of the blooming "the brown discolorization" on the tires and I mix them 50/50 and then cut that to a 5:1 ration with water and that pretty much it! I do use a wheel and tire brush to gently clean everything including the fender wells and with all that foaming action it really does brake everything down pretty good

Products Discussed in

To Top