1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Delivery timing and website listing

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by CameronTundra, May 16, 2022.

1. May 16, 2022 at 7:45 AM
    CameronTundra

CameronTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    My dealer received allocation in late April for my "order" in January. The truck was built 4/29 and was on the rail 5/4. I have been following the status, which is still "F' and no eta listed, via my perm VIN on https://guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-spec. All that being said I was wondering if anyone had experience with and could answer two questions:

1. Anyone familiar with delivery time once its on the rail to Virginia (central atlantic region I believe)? If so, what was your experience timing wise? My sales rep says he can't see an ETA in dealer daily. I have also heard rumors that Toyota is directing dealers to not communicate ETAs with customers currently.

2. The dealers website had the vehicle listed on their website the day it was built; however, just last week it no longer shows on the dealers website. My sales rep said the dealership probably pulled it off because they were receiving too many inquiries about it. I was thinking this info auto populated from Toyota's system? It is a limited trim with PVM cameras, so I was thinking maybe it got pulled because it went into QC hold for the recent recall update? He said there is nothing to worry about, but it just seemed odd. Has this happened to anyone else or have any other insight into this?

2. May 16, 2022 at 8:22 AM
    matthinkle

matthinkle New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Vehicle:
    2022 1794 Hybrid
    Mine was built the same day. Was yours a hybrid or non-hybrid model? If it was a hybrid, I was told by my dealer that mine is stuck at the port in Houston for hybrid QC issues.

3. May 16, 2022 at 8:27 AM
    TakiEvo

TakiEvo New Member

Member:
    Allentown, PA
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 TRD Sport Crewmax White
    I’m just going put out my experience, Im going through process twice now. Though it may be different now. It’ll may give you a rough idea. Seeing we are pretty close, I’m from Pennsylvania, just a little north of you.

My 2022 TRD Sport Premium was built 1/7. It then switch to “free status” according to my Salesman, on 1/20 and is on the way to dealership. ETA was Feb 10th. Truck was delivered to dealership early on 2/3. I picked up the truck and drove it home 2/5.

Now for the second truck for my grandfather. My grandfather truck is a 2022 TRD sport premium, exact copy but in black, truck was build date of 5/12, but got built a day early 5/11. It currently doesn’t have a hold status. And we was told it should be here June.

As for the website, my truck was on the dealer site too. As soon as I was allocated the truck. It stayed on there for a few days and they eventually took it off. Before the build date. Not sure how the site works, but I’ve seen trucks on there that has pending sales, and mine was never pending sales, they just took it off the site. :monocle:

4. May 16, 2022 at 8:32 AM
    CameronTundra

Member:
    Mine is a non-hybrid model, so I was thinking the PVM could be a reason for QC hold and/or I have the TRD package and read something about the DAC having some trouble on some causing QC hold. The sales rep said he didn't see any QC hold, but that PVM issue seems like it would send it right to QCHold briefly. Maybe they fixed this on the assembly line already.

5. May 16, 2022 at 8:34 AM
    Tbag1118

Tbag1118 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Vehicle:
    2022 tundra limited crewmax
    Mine was in F status, then the eta went blank for 2 days. It showed up as G status on day 3 and was dropped at dealer that day.

6. May 16, 2022 at 8:37 AM
    CameronTundra

Member:

Thanks, that is helpful. I was thinking a month from getting on the rail 5/4 would be reasonable, but I haven't been holding my breath given the QC holds I've read about. I certainly understand Toyota not wanting to over promise delivery dates, but it makes it more frustrating to the consumer trying to figure out timing of everything (funding, trade in, etc.) without a general time window to work with.

7. May 16, 2022 at 12:20 PM
    cdq85

cdq85 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Greensburg,PA
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Pro Tundra
    I'm the new car manager at a Toyota dealer in Central Atlantic Toyota. You are correct, they took away the timeframe for dealers/customers. At this point, we are just as much in the dark as you are. It typically takes 18-22 days for train to arrive in Lordstown, Ohio and then an additional 5-10 days for transport to dealer. This is about as close to an estimation as I can give you. As for the advertisement of your truck, it can be turned on or off depending on how the dealer wants to do it. I keep all of my inventory online, even if its sold, just to give people an idea of what pricing looks like. People love to complain about it and call us "bait and switchers" like they don't already know everything in world is pretty much pre-sold at this point lol.

chaztizer likes this.
  8. May 16, 2022 at 12:30 PM
    CameronTundra

Member:

Thanks that is very helpful, especially on the website front. Crazy how out of touch people can be with current market conditions and complaining. I was just mainly concerned if it went to some long QC hold or even worse case scenario the dealer was trying to move the unit to another customer. Can you still see if a vehicle goes into QC hold currently or are dealers in the dark on that as well?

9. May 16, 2022 at 12:59 PM
    cdq85

cdq85 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Greensburg,PA
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Pro Tundra
    You would think some people live under a rock lol. And yes, it will alert us and give us an "FI" status instead of just "F" status. If you shoot me the VIN number I can check it out and see if anything is going on.

10. May 16, 2022 at 1:51 PM
    TundraSurveyor

TundraSurveyor New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra SR5
    FWIW, mine was built the same day 4/29. Dealer called this morning to say it should be here in 7 days, Western NC. Dealer also said once the freight carrier had it in their system he would get an email with a firm delivery date. He said that email should come in 3-4 days.

CameronTundra[OP] and bballjames like this.
  11. May 16, 2022 at 2:45 PM
    bballjames

bballjames New Member

Member:
    Inland PNW
    Vehicle:
    22 Tundra Platinum 4x4 Hybrid Crew Max 6.5ft bed
    Congrats - my sales guy told me my build date was also 4/29. I talked with him yesterday and he said shipping to where I am (Spokane, WA) takes about a month. Which seems weird it would take longer to get here than NC :) But who knows. He said I should anticipate delivery in early June. Which I guess is only 2-3 weeks away at this point.

12. May 18, 2022 at 6:33 PM
    kcfootball

kcfootball New Member

Member:

13. May 18, 2022 at 6:33 PM
    kcfootball

kcfootball New Member

Member:
    How are you guys getting build dates and who are you ordering from?

I’m in Kansas and I’ve had my order/request in since last November and still don’t have anything

14. May 18, 2022 at 7:05 PM
    DexterL

DexterL New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 lunar rock TRD pro Seqouia
    Google Toyota allocation and you will find out why you haven’t seen anything yet

15. May 18, 2022 at 7:41 PM
    kcfootball

kcfootball New Member

Member:
    I read a little bit and it seems that’s what my sales guy has been telling me that they just get what they get

I’ve just seen a lot of people on these forms that are getting billed dates and they’re getting Vin numbers and I’ve been told that I’m not able to get any of that but I’m basically just going to sit here and wait till something shows up that matches what I want

I’ve seen lots of people that I’ve ordered in January or February of this year and have received their bill numbers and just waiting for delivery and I have nothing

For those of you that have been through this what recommendations do you have and what can I do to help speed this up ?

16. May 18, 2022 at 8:48 PM
    Jkwolfe09

Jkwolfe09 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerren
    Get proactive! Start looking at auto trader call multiple dealers make them work for you’re business. I live 3 hours from the plant can’t find a single truck unspoken for and have had a deposit down for 3.5 months. I finally found a truck in Kansas believe it or not. Lol

17. May 19, 2022 at 5:04 AM
    herdtundra

herdtundra New Member

Member:
    could be your dealership isn't getting any allocations that match what you want? or they have gotten a couple and others were in front of you in line.

if they're not a high volume dealer, they may only be getting 2 or 3 tundras a month.

18. May 19, 2022 at 5:36 AM
    CameronTundra

Member:

Yea that seems somewhat odd unless it is either a very small dealership or I have also heard of dealerships having to met certain guidelines in order to sell certain models before. I am not sure if that is the case with this Tundra. All that being said if it was me, I would consider going and getting my deposit back from the current dealer, if you need it right away, but regardless start searching all the dealer websites near you or that you are willing to travel to. I have found that the dealers specific website updates more frequently then the listings on autotrader, cargurus, etc. You can also get the VIN and look up if a unit is presold by using the method in the status thread that is in this forum or just call the dealer. Lastly maybe consider putting in a deposit at another dealer if you cant find something meeting your needs.

In regards to my scenario, I put a deposit down in January with my "order." I originally wanted a limited trim with only an option or two, but the unit that go allocated to the dealer had about 6 other options on it. So I didn't get what I specifically wanted, but it is close enough. Of course the unit is about $5k more then I originally wanted as well.

kcfootball[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. May 19, 2022 at 7:26 AM
    kcfootball

kcfootball New Member

Member:
    I appreciate the information

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing so I will keep doing it and hopefully something will come through one of these days

Thank you!

20. May 19, 2022 at 9:33 AM
    DexterL

DexterL New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I finally gave up after being number 1 with deposits down at 2 dealers for hybrids- neither got allocated anything close to what I wanted. I spent a week machine gun calling and emailing every dealer I could find. Finally found one off the facebook group who was charging a big MA, but slowly over a few days I beat the MA down to nothing. It took countless phone calls, emails, texts, etc to find a truck that was 90% of what I wanted

21. May 19, 2022 at 10:20 AM
    hivetyrant

hivetyrant New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Limited Tundra
    Feels like that’s a right of passage for the 3rd gen. All the searching and haggling made me love mine even more.

22. May 24, 2022 at 10:28 AM
    CN_AK86

CN_AK86 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Anyone have any experience with the following scenario:

1. Truck built 05/16, truck available to view on dealer site and window sticker also available to download.
    2. Truck switches from “A” status to “F” status 05/17
    3. Truck switches from “F” status back to “A” status on 05/23. Window sticker online won’t open and shows error.
    4. Truck is gone from dealer site 05/24.

Anyone have this situation happen? Dealer won’t tell me any details.

23. May 25, 2022 at 12:10 PM
    Jeb80

Jeb80 New Member

Member:
    Does anyone know how long it takes from the time you get your allocation to the time you get an estimated build date? I put a deposit down last Friday and follow up with my sales guy today, he said it would take a few weeks for him to get the build date... does this seem right? He also said they are guessing it will be in late June early July.

24. May 25, 2022 at 12:14 PM
    hivetyrant

hivetyrant New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Limited Tundra
    That seems very optimistic to me, I had deposits down with 3 dealers for months with no word.

25. May 25, 2022 at 12:20 PM
    Jeb80

Jeb80 New Member

Member:
    I think the difference might be I have the allocation and a Temporary Vin, meaning I know the build specifics of my vehicle, just waiting on the estimated build date.

26. May 25, 2022 at 12:22 PM
    Jeb80

Jeb80 New Member

Member:
    To expand a little, from reading the many post on this site and others I believe the process goes like this

1.) You "order" your truck and hope for a similar allocation from the dealer
    2.) The dealer gets an allocation matching or close to your "order" and if you accept it then the order is yours.
    3.) you get estimated build date
    4.) once built you get actual Vin
    5.) Vehicle is then shipped to location

assuming this is right, I am wondering the time between 2 and 3

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  27. May 25, 2022 at 12:28 PM
    Amuuz

Amuuz Probably writing code or lifting weights.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2023 Army Green 1794 Tundra Hybrid TRD Off Road
    ^This^ is what I too am facing. I've been patient, since, like January when I put the deposit on it. The dealership has received 2 builds and have said my build is "next" in line. Yeah, whatever. While I'm out of patience at this point, there is nothing I can do, nor will I change what I want (within reason). So, I wait...

28. May 25, 2022 at 6:54 PM
    GranolaJones

GranolaJones New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra
    I’m in the same boat, dealer said he would know an ETA in the second week of June. I have the temporary vin, but I can’t get any links listed in the forum to work for me. Dealer claims they’re the only ones who can get that info…

29. May 26, 2022 at 5:53 AM
    Jeb80

Jeb80 New Member

Member:
    I was able to get the guest Toyota site to work, but it only shows the details of the build and a blank ETA…

30. May 26, 2022 at 1:20 PM
    DexterL

DexterL New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Dealer update yesterday, port delivery date has shifter to the 28th from the 27th. Dealer delivery date of June 3rd hasn’t moved, hoping it arrives to the dealer earlier than the 3rd.

212788D6-59E6-4AA7-81E0-0CD88352FD95.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top