1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Debating buying another SxS/Utility vehicle - thoughts

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Shamrock92, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Oct 3, 2021 at 4:54 AM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 [OP] New Member

Member:
    So I’m debating adding another SxS/utility use vehicle for around the farm.

Right now have a 590 Deere Gator and love it - small enough to go into woods and powerful enough to go fast when we want to and has a bed to carry saws/supplies.

I’m torn though - it would be nice to have something else with more seating (3 or 4 seater) - bigger might be nice occasionally.

Moving up to a 825 won’t be cheap - was looking at Honda - perhaps a 700?

Anyone have experience with them ?

Otherwise - considering another Deere - this time maybe a 4 seater (590 for 825) or a Mule or even a RTV. With the mule - you get a lot of what the Deere offers (work vehicle that can be fun to drive) the RTV is all work I’m sure - and a bigger Deere - well it’s green so the damn resale stays high.

Honda though intrigues me - it’s got the better transmission, it’s a Honda so reliability is there and again resale.

Ordinarily I’d be shopping used and have less choice on make/more be pushed into what’s available - but used prices are worse than new right now. I’d rather order new and wait 3 months than pay new for a 3 year old - 300 hour machine just to “get it now”.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  2. Oct 3, 2021 at 5:22 AM
    Oey12

Oey12 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    New York
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 TRD OFFROAD
    Coach Builder 1 inch lift strut spacers Coach Builder 1 inch shackles TRD Sway Bar Diode Dynamics SS
    Unfortunately your looking to purchase at a terrible time…. I also believe that new is the only way to go especially in this market. I recently sold my 2013 Yamaha Grizzly 750 for an insane price that I would have never paid. It was super clean and well cared for but ridden hard. I got 10 calls in the first 24 hours. One guys told me that I had one of the cleanest available.

My cousin waited well over a year to get his Yamaha sxs 4 seater. I am waiting about three years then I plan on getting a two seater sxs for my son and I. Good luck OP in these crazy times…

3. Oct 3, 2021 at 6:38 AM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Markets still high - but cooling somewhat.

Supply is out there - despite what some dealer will tell you.

Used is outrageous- but again, supply and demand. New on the other hand is available within 60 days most places I talked to. Just need to get a purchase order in by Dec 31st to record the expense this year for tax reasons - otherwise I wouldn’t buy now.

4. Oct 3, 2021 at 6:38 AM
    mtluckydan

mtluckydan New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    NW MT
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 Silver Sky Metallic DC
    Snug Top Shell, Liquid Glass, Undercoat Frame, Custom Bed Bunk, Marathon Camo Seat Covers
    Go with a Honda...I have a Pioneer 1000 and it's a solid machine. Everyone that's ridden or driven it compared to other brands likes it better. I have done some mods to it and use it to plow snow as well.
    We can register and drive them on the roads here so use it for a broad spectrum of jobs & recreation.
    At least test drive one to see if you like the ride.

5. Oct 3, 2021 at 6:45 AM
    Oey12

Oey12 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    New York
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 TRD OFFROAD
    Coach Builder 1 inch lift strut spacers Coach Builder 1 inch shackles TRD Sway Bar Diode Dynamics SS
    Where do live if you don’t mind me asking? Nothing around here seems to be slowing down. I am always looking and there is nothing but utter used garbage available. Every once in while I stop by the far and few between dealerships in my area and honestly they don’t have much…

6. Oct 3, 2021 at 6:48 AM
    DrZoidberg

DrZoidberg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SATX
    Vehicle:
    Tesla MYP
    I want a sxs for the dunes and Mexico but I’m not paying used prices and new inventory is super low.

7. Oct 3, 2021 at 7:04 AM
    Borgs

Borgs New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Limited Crew TRD Off-Road
    Pro Grill and Bulge TRD sway BAK MX4 Tonneau
    I have a Pioneer 700-4. Love it. I have a farm too. Bed with a bed extender is nice. And we use the 4 seats more than I thought we would. I’d buy it again if I had to.
    Edit: I drove a Pioneer 1000 and while it was insanely powerful and awesome, it seemed too big for my needs (farm work) like driving a Jeep - and expensive.
    173060AA-1620-46DC-B33A-C1CF6073A707.jpg

8. Oct 3, 2021 at 7:16 AM
    Borgs

Borgs New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Limited Crew TRD Off-Road
    Pro Grill and Bulge TRD sway BAK MX4 Tonneau
    I ordered my 2021 Pioneer last August 2020 and got it delivered in early October 2020. I had to pay full MSRP, no negotiation.

Products Discussed in

To Top