1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealership did me a solid

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Rolodetective, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Mar 23, 2018 at 4:08 PM
    Rolodetective

Rolodetective [OP] Member

Member:
    Vale of Paradise, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black AC TRD
    I just had the 100k service done on my 1st gen last week by my private mechanic. Amongst the other parts, I bought a gallon of Toyota red from the dealer and a gallon of distilled water. Well, apparently the system takes slightly more than 2 gallons total in order to fill the overflow reservoir to the upper mark. (The 2 gallons got me well below the low mark).

I didn't need an "almost full" gallon of Toyota red coolant laying around the garage for the next 5 years so I called a dealership close to me and told them I needed to pay for a coolant top off. Service manager said to come by and they'd take care of it.

I stopped by this afternoon. Topped off at no charge. No list of things that needed attentionized, no hard sell for an oil change, nothing. Just, "All done sir, thanks for stopping in". Wouldn't take any money. Granted the amount of coolant was minimal but they had no obligation to me. I have never purchased a vehicle from them. Thought it was a class move.

2. Mar 23, 2018 at 4:13 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    That's a great dealership story. Wish we heard more like this

3. Mar 23, 2018 at 4:15 PM
    mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Williamsburg, Va
    Vehicle:
    2006 Double Cab, Phantom Grey Pearl
    Leveled. 16x8 Pacer 164 wrapped in 295-75-16 General AT2. Flowmaster exhaust. K&N Cold air intake.
    See? We're not all bad. Us dealership folks. I've been at the same Toyota dealership for 13 years now as a tech. I've seen a lot of techs and writers come and go. The handful of us that are still there look out for the customer like they're family. Trust me, I've seen a ton of bad, low life techs. They never make it. Writers too.

4. Mar 23, 2018 at 6:53 PM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    Are we not allowed to share the dealers' names when we give kudos, @Sean266 ? Like a buyer confidence shout-out? I think it'd be cool to know....

5. Mar 23, 2018 at 6:56 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I've seen a few people here drop names of the "good ones"

6. Mar 23, 2018 at 7:05 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    That’s great! I think that’s just good business. Things like that are what gain a possible new customer. I think you need treat customers like you treat your friends. If any of you stopped by my house and were low on fluids I’d gladly top it off.

7. Mar 24, 2018 at 9:58 AM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    :spy:

15whtrd[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Mar 24, 2018 at 10:02 AM
    BuckWallace

BuckWallace Ball don't lie.

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Sierra 3500 AT4 Gasser
    When I saw the thread title I thought you were gonna say they used lube.

9. Mar 24, 2018 at 10:44 AM
    Nike21

Nike21 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CrewMax TSS 4X4 Black Beast
    Most people won't post the good, they'll just post the bad. Hopefully my dealer is A+, they seem to be.

NewImprovedRon and Pudge[QUOTED] like this.
  10. Mar 24, 2018 at 11:06 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    If you’re in town and in a bind, Lmk

Sunnier[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Mar 25, 2018 at 8:08 PM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    I really feel bad about the bad stories I read on here.

But I share the good stuff too. I've said several times my Toyota dealer service guys are good to me. There's two writers that I've been doing business with for 10+ years. Always treat me great.

I've had great treatment from the local Honda and Pontiac/GMC dealer, although I don't need to go there often.

15whtrd likes this.
  12. Mar 26, 2018 at 3:20 AM
    Mmars

Mmars In a Taco... shopping/ waiting for Tundy.

Member:
    That is a good story. Doesn't take much for a dealership to get bashed. Few rarely hear the good ones. I always look at what they are doing to make it right next if they screw something up. Hoping I don't have tell them what they need to do to make it right lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top